Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

GatorsMom

My friend with twins returned her safeseats and bought snugrides because the safeseats couldn't fit in the double snap n go. In your experience, did the safeseats just snap right in? thanks.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178
    What is annoying for me. I have the safe seat - so no snap and go can take a safe seat. I will have to buy two new carseats!
    Lisa already covered the double SNG, but I will add that the single SNG most certainly takes a SafeSeat. I really can't figure out why BT keeps saying on the website that it doesn't work. The only thing I can figure is that the 30 lb weight limit on the SafeSeat is more than the 25 lb limit on the SNG.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178
    GatorsMom

My friend with twins returned her safeseats and bought snugrides because the safeseats couldn't fit in the double snap n go. In your experience, did the safeseats just snap right in? thanks.
    Well, I'm not sure how the double SNG was assembled inside the box since FIL attempted and failed to put it together for me while I was in the hospital. But, I can tell you that when I went to put the Safeseats in the stroller myself, I had to adjust the bars on the top of the stroller to the "Graco" setting. It explained in the instruction manual how to do that. Once I did that, they snapped in no problem. Here is the link to the instruction manual page.

http://www.babytrend.com/Instruction.php?pages=8

After looking at the website, it appears that there are 2 types of double SNGs. Maybe your friend has one that doesn't take Safeseats?

ETA: I tried to find a used SNG but couldn't so I bought mine from Target.com. This is the one I bought and takes the SafeSeats:
    http://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Dou...e=1&rh=&page=1

hth
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 02-28-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gatorsmom - do your car seats lift out easily when you pull up on the front of the car seat? I know they lock into place from the back (onto the SNG bar) but I was kind of alarmed that you can simply jar/lift the front and the whole thing comes out! I know there are straps that I'm assuming will keep them secure but I was just surprised that the whole infant car seat doesn't snap (rather than just that back).

Thanks!

I can't believe my twins are almost a year!

We have . . . .
    - one exersaucer (bought at twin resale)
    - two used papsan bouncers (only really used one) plus a borrowed fisher price bouncer
    - two papasan nature's touch swings (one was borrowed) - these were a lifesaver!
    - one tiny love gymini play mat (craig's list)
    - one deluxe Jumparoo
    - two pack n plays (both from craig's list - have used this as a bed a number of times as my twins are still sleeping in separate rooms - one in our bedroom)
    - two cribs (Delta Luv Jenny Lind - very inexpensive but safe)
    - two infant seats (Graco snug ride - handmedowns from friend with twins)
    - two convertible seats (Britax roundabout bought new)
    - two back-up convertible seats for the other car (Cosco Scenera from Walmart)
    - two Fisher Price space saver high chairs (one borrowed from a friend)
    - two Bebe pods and one borrowed Bumbo
    - one Arm's Reach cosleeper
    - one double snap and go
    - one hand me down Combi savvy double stroller
    - one Graco duoglider that we really haven't used at all (bought used)
    - just bought a Baby Jogger City Double classic
    - one Ergo carrier (highly recommend)
    - one hip hammock

the diaper bag i ended up with (not my first purchase) and really like is the Skip Hop duo double (i think that is what it is called).

tons and tons of adorable girl clothes - way too many!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How many bottles? I plan on nursing, but expect to supplement with formula as needed. With my first, we switched from Dr. Brown's to Avent Tempo (drop ins) and those worked well. However, I hate the environmental impact of throwing away so many liners for 11 months or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2