Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom
    Stephanie - hope you are doing well (as well as can be expected anyway). I know I have been thinking about you and I know others here have also.
    I've been sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hardysmom
    Hey Lisa! Glad to see you are still around. Things are moving along here as well... crazy, crazy days. I popped in to BB for old-times-sake and saw the multiples board. How fun!

I EBF'd Charlotte and Blythe for 18 mo. I remember the first 3 months as hectic and whacky... 4-5 months we settled into a routine... 5+ became easier as we started solids and nursed less and less.

Around 12 mo we were down to 2-3 times a day. By the end, I was only nursing at bedtime. It was much harder on me to stop than on the girls.

Like everything, it gets easier. As I battle this stupid breast cancer, I don't have words to articulate how much I value the memory of my babies at my breasts. Whether you nurse 2 months or 2 years, enjoy every moment.
    Stephanie,
    I can't tell you how many times I"ve thought about you in the past few months hoping that you were doing well and would come back to talk to us!! Your twins help has been invaluable. I've gone back to reread some of your posts. They have been so informative.

Well, I have been fighting what seems like non-stop nursing but really haven't made any progress. The twins have me wrapped around their teensy fingers- they won't take even a bottle of pumped milk from someone else. So I just keep dreaming of the day they settle into a routine and go longer between feedings. It looks like they are slowly doing that now that they are 4 months old.

Take good, good care of yourself and keep checking back!! We miss you. I've been praying for you a lot.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

My girls just turned a year old in March, and we're still going strong! They only ask to nurse a couple of times a day and always tandem so it's not too much of a hassle. We'll keep going for a few more months yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hardysmom
    Like everything, it gets easier. As I battle this stupid breast cancer, I don't have words to articulate how much I value the memory of my babies at my breasts. Whether you nurse 2 months or 2 years, enjoy every moment.

Stephanie
    Blythe and Charlotte 3/24/04 (4 next week!!)
    Hardy 11/17/01
    and to you, mama...
    Last edited by duckaducka; 04-13-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2