Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber
    I there a link to the ABC stroller with toddler seat? I've searched to no avail.

I'm looking at strollers for my SIL who is expecting twins. Her older DD will be 18 months when she delivers.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/everest_tw...dler_seat.html

I actually have this stroller. I bought it with the double toddler seat. Yes, believe it or not you can get 2 kids on top! Since I bought the double toddler seat, Phil at ABC Strollers threw in the single toddler seat too. With the single toddler seat up top, it works very nicely. Honestly, I think it feels a bit unstable with 2 children up there, although Phil swears it's perfectly fine. Anyway, the kids LOVE sitting on top.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I suppose it wouldn't work forever but in the beginning chances are you will end up with a little one who likes to be close and you could continue to use your BOB with your toddler in one seat, one baby in the other and the other twin in a sling or bjorn! I would probably go with the ABC as opposed to the Valco cause a lot of reviews talk about how the extra weight of a toddler over the front wheel makes the steering not so great. You might have to opt for something like a triple jogger outside and then get something for indoors like a joovy? You can always keep your BOB and use is as suggested above for indoors as well.

Good Luck.... strollers get tough when you need them for more than 2 riders!

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom
    Here's a link:
    http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/everest_tw...dler_seat.html

I actually have this stroller. I bought it with the double toddler seat. Yes, believe it or not you can get 2 kids on top! Since I bought the double toddler seat, Phil at ABC Strollers threw in the single toddler seat too. With the single toddler seat up top, it works very nicely. Honestly, I think it feels a bit unstable with 2 children up there, although Phil swears it's perfectly fine. Anyway, the kids LOVE sitting on top.
    What is the weight limit for the toddler seat?

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You know, I looked for the weight limits and could not find it. If you contact Phil at Adventure Buggy Company, he's great about answering back quickly. I know I asked him this question, too, and he answered me last summer. I just don't remember his response. Sorry.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

hardysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just popping in-

DS was not-quite 2.5 when my twins were born. He could walk, but needed to be contained.

At the time, I was thick into my stroller obsession. Before twins, I went trough 50 strollers!

Anyway, I started with a Inglesina BiPosto Trio which is a bear of a stroller. You can configure the seats in a number of ways- two side-by-side with the third facing in or out. Three in a row, etc... The seats convert from bassinet to regular seats. BEAUTIFUL pram quality. The down side is that, as a triple, the wheels are fixed so it is only practical outdoors or in wide open spaces. The newer, "regular" Inglesina Trio is also of high quality and is probably the best (and most expensive) real 3-seater. Still, it is heavy and not so practical to transport.

I also started with a MBUD with a board. DS was really too young for the board, but we made due. It worked for short walks to Mother's Day Out and such.

In the VERY beginning, I usually sucked it up and either tried to steer the SNG or MBUD with one hand while dragging DS with the other or followed the advice of Those-Who-Never-Had-Twins and wore one baby while DS and the other twin rode in the MBUD. Wow, I don't miss those outings!

A friend had a Valco Double w/ toddler seat. It wasn't for us. Too fiddley. I didn't like the steering, etc...

Eventually I got an ABC single with a ts, but by then, DS was too big to ride in the toddler seat. He would have "fit" as it is quite roomy, but his weight on the higher seat would have made the single unbalanced and top-heavy. If I'd had the double w/ the ts, life would have been easier...With a smaller toddler on top (or a toddler + twin in primary seats) it would have been balanced well. The added weight and base width of the double makes the ts seem more stable than the single version. Still, it isn't perfect. The fold is weird and VERY long so it won't fit in many trunks- including some SUVs and mini-vans.

Hope this helps,

Stephanie

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Kindra, if you haven't made a decision yet, how about getting a double, and wearing one of your babies? I have a baby and a toddler, and didn't want to get a double, so my toddler is in the single and I wear the baby. Occasionally my toddler likes to walk so I push an empty stroller or put the baby in it. It works very well for me because the smaller the stroller, the easier it is to get around.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Oak is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I would get the Valco! I love mine.

Oops, I posted almost the same question in this board also, so I will just reply to this one since it seems to be longer w/ more posters already.

Re the Valco - the only negative I've heard about it is that it is very heavy and big when folded (i.e. maybe too big for an SUV or minivan)....anyone have any input on that? If I get that as my long-walks stroller, could I do a Maclaren (or something similar) with a buggy board? DD will be 2y4m when the twins arrive - when do toddlers start standing on the buggy board?

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That may be old enough for a buggy board - I have heard 2.5 -3 is better for a buggy board. Question - what stroller do I travel with?

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

As for the buggy board, my son has been riding on it since he was about 2. We have a P3 with the built in toddler step. I will say though that if he is having a snack he sits down, but the rest of the time he prefers to stand. I think it really just depends on your child what will work.

If anyone emails ABC will you please post here what you find out about the toddler weight limit, and length of the fold. thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast