Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lisa, I can't remember how old your twins are, and I know a mom of twins who used Ezzo to get her boys on schedule. But she didn't mention reflux. So I totally agree with Beth that if greenbean has reflux tanking up might not be a good idea, although some peds disagree.

From your earlier posts I feel like you are really needing some order back in your life, so this must be sooooo hard on you. But you also sound like a mom that really has it together most times, so I know you will figure out a way to survive until the kiddoes get themselves on more of a routine. It's hard enough to EBF on baby on demand. Doing it with twins must be brutal.
    Just try to be patient with yourself. This first year might feel like it's moving in slow motion, but before you know it you'll be blowing out their first birthday candle.

You can do it!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

I feel for you! My g/g fraternal twins (now 10 1/2 months) were in the NICU for 16 days. Once they came home, they were EBF every 2 hours! It was nightmarish to say the least.

I agree with the PP that you need to feed them at the same time whenever possible. This was a bit of a problem for me as one of my DD did not like to wake up unless she was good and ready! The other one would eat whenever food was presented!

I only did tandem feeding when they were both screaming their heads off ... they didn't seem to eat as well when I did it. Usually I would start off that way until they were a bit satisified then feed them one at a time until they were truly done.

Hang in there! You will make it!! My twins only had formula for a day in the NICU and I've never regretted BF them!!

Sarah
    Sarah

DD1 5/05 Evenflo HBB
    DD2 4/07 FF Britax Roundabout
    DD3 4/07 FF Safety 1st Uptown
    DD4 6/10 RF Britax RA50

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy
    Lisa, I can't remember how old your twins are, and I know a mom of twins who used Ezzo to get her boys on schedule. But she didn't mention reflux. So I totally agree with Beth that if greenbean has reflux tanking up might not be a good idea, although some peds disagree.

From your earlier posts I feel like you are really needing some order back in your life, so this must be sooooo hard on you. But you also sound like a mom that really has it together most times, so I know you will figure out a way to survive until the kiddoes get themselves on more of a routine. It's hard enough to EBF on baby on demand. Doing it with twins must be brutal.
    Just try to be patient with yourself. This first year might feel like it's moving in slow motion, but before you know it you'll be blowing out their first birthday candle.

You can do it!
    You are so kind. You are ALWAYS so kind. Your daughters are lucky to have you for a mom. . I really needed to hear that. I'm feeling pretty isolated up here in the frozen tundra where it's too cold to go outside and DH has been working a ton and I never see him. None of my clothes fit either and if I could get the babes on a schedule it would allow me some time regular time to exercise. That would probably help me feel better, too.

Anyhoo, I'm getting lots of great ideas from these responses. lovin' this new forum...
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2