Default Ferber naps and daycare?

My son is 6 months old next week and we used the Ferber method this past weekend to get him to sleep through the night as he was very pacifier and rocking dependent for sleep. After 1 hour of crying the first night, everything else was so easy. He only cried 20 minutes the next time he woke up and about 1 minute for his naps on Saturday and that was it, no more crying, just lay him down in his crib for naps and bedtime and he went to sleep after stirring for 5 - 10 minutes. Went to daycare on Monday and of course, he won't sleep by himself because daycare (like mommy) usually rocks him to sleep. They tried to let him cry for 5 minutes, but it was too disturbing to the other sleeping infants, so they had to rock him, but without the pacifier, because we stopped using it at home, so they are having a lot of trouble getting him to sleep there yesterday and today. Also, we picked him up early from daycare yesterday and for his last nap of the day at home, he cried the 1/2 hour until naptime was over according to Ferber.

Has anyone else encountered these problems with naps at daycare going differently than naps at home? I'm concerned that being rocked at daycare will mess up what we worked on all weekend (him sleeping by himself) and concerned that daycare has to deal with a child that now won't sleep easily because the rules have changed on him. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and how it changed/resolved eventually?

If the Ferber Method is the same as Dr. Weisbluth's Let Cry philosophy, then my experience was the same as yours. The daycare, which I loved and have nothing but good things to say about, couldn't just let my daughter cry herself to sleep because it disturbed the other babies.

I understood the situation and just let it go. It is the reality of daycare unless they have single crib rooms, which I have never heard of. My daughter was always a horrible napper at daycare but was (and still is) a sleeping champ at home.

Babies are quick learners and I think your child will eventually learn that there are different routines for at home and at daycare.

My philosophy was that if the teacher wants to rock my daughter to sleep, good for her. But I'm not going to get her in the habit with mom and dad.