Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm not exactly sure why you felt the need to respond twice to my comment.

However, I will point out that in the very post where you provided the FAA links, you actually quoted the OP stating that she was using a non-US carrier and that they had different carseat rules.

I think in this, and several threads, you have tried to provide the same cut and paste information from the FAA without reading what the OPs have actually said. I think thats part of what people are finding frustrating.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mytwosons
    Thanks for all your thoughts and ideas!

This is my son's first flight not using his seat, and I feel fine with that decision. With the Marathon, we always had difficulty using the seat tray and he was in the position to kick the seat in front of him. He is just shy of 40 lbs, and the airline (non-US) we are flying has a limit of 40 lbs for kids in seats. I don't want a hassle w/the airline right before take off. I feel he'll be safe.

I was hesitant to use a borrowed booster at our destination because I don't know exactly what kind it is, and it's likely just a belt positioner instead of 5-pt. But, I think I'm going to get more info and decide based on that.

Thanks!
    Here is what the FAA says about limits on weight and height and your children being in a Child Restraint System:

The FAA strongly urges parents and guardians to secure children in an appropriate restraint based on weight and size. Keeping a child in a CRS or device during the flight is the smart and right thing to do.

Did you know the safest place for your little one during turbulence or an emergency is in an approved child restraint system (CRS) or device.

info from www.faa.gov
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber
    I'm not exactly sure why you felt the need to respond twice to my comment.

However, I will point out that in the very post where you provided the FAA links, you actually quoted the OP stating that she was using a non-US carrier and that they had different carseat rules.

I think in this, and several threads, you have tried to provide the same cut and paste information from the FAA without reading what the OPs have actually said. I think thats part of what people are finding frustrating.

The original post that started this thread said this:

This will be our first time not using the seat during the flight, so I'm a little unsure of how to pack it. Do I just find a duffle bag that is big enough? Any idea what size I need?

Many thanks!

THen the talk started about using carseats and not and so that is why I posted the info from the FAA

Quote Originally Posted by 801kelle
    The original post that started this thread said this:

This will be our first time not using the seat during the flight, so I'm a little unsure of how to pack it. Do I just find a duffle bag that is big enough? Any idea what size I need?

Many thanks!

THen the talk started about using carseats and not and so that is why I posted the info from the FAA
    I'm not quite sure what your intent is with the repeated posts, but please, let's just move along, OK?

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3