Default Graco Cargo Platinum - is the toddler pillow annoying?

Man, this hurts my head.

So i've ascertained that the difference between the Graco Cargo Platinum (which you guys recommended over the Treasured) is the ability to adjust the straps without great difficulty, so i'm good with that.

I've also learned that the Cargo Platinum in the Wilbur pattern on the Target website is mislabeled, and it's actually a Cargo Ultra, which has less padding. That's why it's cheaper. We like padding, so i don't mind spending the extra money for a Platinum.

The last thing that confused me was the differences between the two seats below:

Platinum CarGo™ Booster Car Seat 8689FAR
    http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...ID=1&subCatID=

CarGo™ Booster Car Seat 8D02SYC
    http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...ID=1&subCatID=

Per my conversation with Graco customer service, both are actually Platinums, although the second one isn't labeled as such. (This isn't the first time i've found their website copy to be vague or incomplete, so i'm not surprised.) Besides the obvious difference in pattern/fabric, the only difference they could cite was that the toddler head pillow is removable in the first seat, but not the second. So... is this important? I'm asking because the second one is on sale at Albee Baby for $15 less than other Platinums, and i need to buy two of them.

Are there any other differences between the two seats that i should be concerned with?

ETA: I just went back and re-read the descriptions, and it says the pillow is removable on the second seat, not the first, which sounds like the second is an even better deal... right?
    Last edited by lellolicious; 02-22-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Oh yeah, that first one, the head pillow is annoying AND removeable (it only says 'soft'... not very descriptive!)... seems the second one is removable too, but it looks less annoying...and if it's cheaper, I'd go for that!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

We have the platinum we use in DH's car and we have never used the pillows. They kinds just hang in the way and we tock it off because it was a PIA. I would go with the ones that are cheaper. DS seems happy enough in this carseat when he's in it. HTH
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

We have never used the toddler pillow because when we bought the seat my son needed the top slots. I am pretty sure the directions said not to use with the top slots. Either way, the pillow seemed kind of flimsy and usesless. I don't even know where ours is.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade