Default MA or RA for rear facing space

We need a new Britax for DHs Honda Ridgeline. My DD is 6 mo and so will be rear facing for a while. We are worried about how far the front seat will have to be pushed forward so the carseat will fit. Will we get more room with the RA vs. the MA?

Thanks!
    Amy

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jdsmom731
    We need a new Britax for DHs Honda Ridgeline. My DD is 6 mo and so will be rear facing for a while. We are worried about how far the front seat will have to be pushed forward so the carseat will fit. Will we get more room with the RA vs. the MA?

Thanks!
    Amy
    Since your baby is older and able to sit more upright, an RA might not save you as much room as you might think. I've had my MA RF in some pretty darn small cars (small coupes, rentals, etc.)!! It was pretty upright, but it fit!

If it is a really, really small backseat (I'm not familiar with the Ridgeline), it might be worth it, but if at all possible I'd go with the MA just for longevity.

Unless you plan on another child, then the RA can be used with a new baby down the road.....

Thanks for your help. My 3.5yo DS has a marathon in my car so I thought that we could get away with a RA since when DD outgrows the RA, DS will be out of the MA and she can have it. I'm really just trying to figure out which one I'll have more room with.

Thanks again

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Hmmm, how old will the MA be though by the time an RA would be outgrown. It'll probably be expired or close to expiring.

Since you have the MA handy, I'd try it out and see what you think. It is taller, but if it's upright, it just really doesn't matter as much as it would seem.

Is the baby outgrowing the bucket? The older she gets the more upright she can be.

Is there a space between the front two seats? In some trucks it works out that the RF seat works well in the center because of the space there. Or, can the RF seat go behind the passenger seat, or does the whole front seat assembly move together?