Smile My Tall 3 1/2 y.o. daughter stay in Marathon or get Regent?

My Tall 3 1/2 y.o. daughter stay in Marathon or get Regent?
    I am getting a Regent for my son (5 1/2). My daughter 3 1/2 is in a Marathon
    now, about ready to move up to the last notch, she is tall.

Are the buckles more secure in the Marathon than the Regent for someone her size (3 1/2)? Should I keep her in the Marathon for another year
    or go to the Regent (which sits lower in the car).

The main reason I am asking is that we bump her head on the door frame
    roof sometimes when I pick her up and put her into the Blazer, especially when she is wiggly. Lately when she is cooperative I let her climb into the Marathon herself, but sometimes she is fussy or tries to climb over to the back to get something when we are late for preschool, typical 3 year old stuff.

Despite that, since we love love love the Marathons, we can keep them, but should we get a Regent for her now while they are on sale? I have relatives who will love the Marathon if I give it to them. We are definitely sticking with 5 point harness seats.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ&feature=related
    Last edited by Boogiemama; 02-25-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Wait till you get a Regent for your other kiddo and see if you like it? The Radian is also probably a good choice. The Regent will totally prevent you from ever getting three kids in the back seat ever again... Just FYI... so if that's a need you have, you might want to just get two Radians...
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I would wait to get your DD out of Marathon till she outgrows..
    Only because there are some new seats coming out soon. I understand Britax is coming out with new seat like Regent.. it will be called Frontier and it is 80lb harnessed seat converting to 100lb booster. We have Regents and love them... but they are big. I have a Suburban and have been able to get Regent in Middle and a Marathon on each side. But my car is big, long and wide. If you aren't planning to have more children then getting Regents won't be an issue. WE LOVE ours.. As Julie suggested the Radians are very nice too.
    Kelle
    Mom to Riley (05-03)
    (She's a girl, not a boy)
    Used to sit in REGENT
    NOW SITS IN FRONTIER
    WE LOVE!!!

Default Got the last Regent at Right Start local store

I got the last Regent at the Right Start local store, it was out of box and they said I cannot return it because it was oob. I did not realize the Radian was as good as the Regent.
    Yes I would like to have a playdate available once in awhile for my kids so three across would be great. So I guess I will get 3 Radians if I like them, and keep my Regent which I need right now anyway.
    That way we have 4 seats for 2 cars and playdate options, I hope, I need to measure, I have a blazer, not all that big. The other car is a volvo wagon.
    Also plan to replace volvo wagon with Volvo SUV or Toyota Hybrid SUV someday. I doubt the volvo could fit 3 Radians anyway. I hope it fits two
    seats with a Regent in it! The Regent is big enough for Grandma!

(she is petite for a grown up)

Default Dug through another post and it said the Radian is only 18"

From seat to shoulder. My 5 1/2 y.o. boy is already at 17 1/2", he is tall so a Radian
    for playdates x3 would not work. So we are back to one Regent and our multiple Marathons, waiting for more big kid seats for playdates and for when the 3 1/2 y.o. outgrows it.

BRITAX or OTHER COMPETITOR IF YOU ARE WATCHING THESE POSTS.
    Please make a multi-kid big kid solution. How about a 3 across bench with 5 point harness that can fit into a Chevy Blazer or a mid sized hybrid.
    Who cares if the kids touch each other a bit.

Call it the "playdate" and you can pay me for the design by donating some to a charity like the Kyle David Miller foundation.

We so called soccer moms, really have jobs too, but we like to help each other and drive other kid's home with us, etc. and trade off playdates. So we could use a bench as long as it is a harness that prevents ejecting from vehicle and side impact. Also it needs to be light enough for Grandma to haul out of the car when she occaisionally helps out.

Just wishful thinking.

Default Dug through another post and it said the Radian is only 18"

From seat to shoulder. My 5 1/2 y.o. boy is already at 17 1/2", he is tall so a Radian
    for playdates x3 would not work. So we are back to one Regent and our multiple Marathons, waiting for more big kid seats for playdates and for when the 3 1/2 y.o. outgrows it.

BRITAX or OTHER COMPETITOR IF YOU ARE WATCHING THESE POSTS.
    Please make a multi-kid big kid solution. How about a 3 across bench with 5 point harness that can fit into a Chevy Blazer or a mid sized hybrid.
    Who cares if the kids touch each other a bit.

Call it the "playdate" and you can pay me for the design by donating some to a charity like the Kyle David Miller foundation.

We so called soccer moms, really have jobs too, but we like to help each other and drive other kid's home with us, etc. and trade off playdates. So we could use a bench as long as it is a harness that prevents ejecting from vehicle and side impact. Also it needs to be light enough for Grandma to haul out of the car when she occaisionally helps out.

Just wishful thinking.