Default One more booster question...I swear it is the last.

I finally decided to go with the Monarch for Jackson in DH's truck. I thought it would be good to have since we will need a booster when Jackson outgrows his regent or we pass it on to Tyler. I just went to the Britax website and it says that the sitting height on the Monarch is 19" and the Regent is 20". SO...If he outgrows his Regent by height will he have outgrown the Monarch by height. I just always assumed we would go from Regent to High Back Booster to Backless booster. Seems like we would miss the high back booster is we are going by height. FWIW Jackson is just now a little above 17 inches now Torso height so I know we have awhile in the Regent. I'm just wondering if it is worth paying the extra money on the Monarch is we really won't be able to use it beyond the Regent.

Oh...And does the Monarch have built in Lock offs for the seat belt like some other boosters have?

Ok...so that was actually 2 questions. My head is just spinning trying to get the right thing. I plan on ordering today.
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

I'm not entirely sure I trust Britax's new fangled sitting height recommendations. The Monarch, that I've seen it, has 21 inch belt guids just like the Parkway . (Hmmm... the Sunshine Kids Monterey is coming out, they have a 22 inch belt guide, supposedly...I'm preordering one, lol).

Only the Recaro Start has shoulderbelt lockoffs...they are a pain...
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Default Julie...One more question.

Julie...you are a lifesaver here on the boards! Thank you so much for all the help. After thinking things over a little more I started considering getting the Graco Nautilus for Jackson for DH's truck. That way he could still be in a 5 point harness and the other kids could use it as well. (we don't have seats for them in his truck because they just never ride in there) Are there any issues with installing it? He has a 98 Dodge extended cab. No LATCH and NO tether. Does this seat require to to top tether it? Also his Lap shoulder belts don't lock and in the center it is only a lap belt. Would it be safe to install in the center with just a lap belt? (using as a harness seat not booster). Also do you know how high we can use it as a highback booster? The Graco website isn't very helpful at all! I am really thinking this might be our best family option but wanted to make sure it doesn't have any install requirements that wouldn't work for DH's truck.
    THANKS A MILLION!
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

I don't see why it wouldn't work...it doesn't need to be tethered (I think your shoulderbelts DO lock, probably at the latchplate but not at the top of the shoulderbelt/in the retractor)...the top slots are tall, at least an inch taller than the Marathon, I've seen average 8 yo's and big 6 yo's in it harnessed...center with lapbelt would be fine, harnessed . It's tallish as a booster...not Britax-tall, but should be more than adequate for quite a few years

(and blush blush, thank you...this is like, the most fullfilling hobby anyone could ever hope to have )
    Julie

Ok...I think I will end up getting it. It sounds like it would be the best option for us now. Tyler is HUGE! He is already on the top slot in his marathon so he will likely nees something larger before Jackson outgrows his regent. All around I think this is a winner.
    Thanks!
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We recently installed a Nautilus for my almost 5.5yo in DH's 98 Jeep - also no lower anchors and no tether. It went in great, very quickly & easily. Rock solid. DD (45", 44 lbs, 16" torso) is using the second to top harness slots with room to grow. So far very pleased with the seat.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

Yay! Glad it worked in the Jeep!!!!!!
    Julie

Julie...here I go again ... Is it narrow in the shoulder area? Jackson's issues with the Marathon were with it being too narrow in the shoulder area. I'm wondering if we will have the same issues with the nautilus. I was all prepared to go out tonight and get it but we are an hour away from a Wal-Mart that has one so I hate to wast a trip if it is going to be too narrow. Any thoughts?
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

Yeah... www.car-seat.org and use the google box on the bottom for Nautilus (and there's a zillion posts...) you can get a good feel for the size and if it'll work for you, I think) (it's not as broad as the Regent, not as tight as the Marathon..)
    Julie