niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Where to post entire stash - DS is PTed.

This isn't a post for sale. I've been out of the cloth loop for over a year, so I'm trying to find where I should post for sale. DS started pting, so we stopped using our fitted dipes around 2 years old. He's now 3, pted and chances are slim that we'll have another child. So, I've got 2 years worth of fluff to do something about - mostly fitteds and covers. Where are the places to list for sale? Any advice on how to oganise the sales - I've bought dipes but never listed for sale. How do I organise shipping etc.
    Thanks.
    Nicci

Um, if you have any newborn or smalls, please list them on Swap! Otherwise, there is Spots Corner www.hyenacart.com/spotscorner or DiaperSwappers (I don't use DS, but I think it's the biggest place to sell dipes), or various FSOT boards on diapering sites (DiaperTraders, Hyenacart forums, etc). As far as shipping, I usually do prices ppd (postage paid) and ship first class, or priority if someone buys a lot and you can stuff it all in a flat rate envelope or box. I always do delivery confirmation too. If I had a postal scale at home, I'd do actual shipping. It seems that most people selling dipes now are doing about $2 or $2.50 shipping per item, and offering discounted/combined shipping if you buy several things. You can't ship much for under $2 if you get delivery confirmation. HTH a bit! And really, if you have nb/smalls, feel free to PM me
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Try Craig's list then you don't have to pay for shipping. Decide what you think they are worth and there are preggers ladies out there who would love to buy a birth to potty training set of diapers.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

AGAGHAGH - I just had a look and the elastic in my hemp bijou baby fitteds is shot. I have 6 larges (I think) never used - not even prewashed - and those are fine, but about 12 of the mediums, the elastic sounded crinkly when it was slightly stretched, and it doesn't bounce back as much, the elastic must be brittle. I wonder if she used different elastic on the earlier ones. All the other dipes are fine.

Sigh...unless someone is willing to put the elastic in, I suppose those ones are toast. Blast - and they're great dipes too. I'll sort through what I have and list what is usable - not as much now as the bijous were our main stash.

Nicci

>>> the elastic sounded crinkly when it was slightly stretched, and it doesn't bounce back as much, the elastic must be brittle..... Sigh...unless someone is willing to put the elastic in, I suppose those ones are toast.

You can definitely still sell those diapers, at least on DiaperSwappers.com. You'll have to price them lower and state that they have shot or loose elastic, but a lot of moms there can sew and are willing to replace elastic to get a good diaper at a bargain price. Don't underestimate the size of the crowd who cloth diaper to save money, and they will accept older/needs repairs products to get at their price point.

Diaperswappers.com also has a free for shipping category. People browsing that column definitely want a deal and the stuff offered there flies "off the shelf," so to speak. I have found it very satisfying to get rid of a diaper I didn't need and couldn't sell, and know that it pleased someone else.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

I know this is kind of an old thread, but what is "swap" that you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison
    Um, if you have any newborn or smalls, please list them on Swap! Otherwise, there is Spots Corner www.hyenacart.com/spotscorner or DiaperSwappers (I don't use DS, but I think it's the biggest place to sell dipes), or various FSOT boards on diapering sites (DiaperTraders, Hyenacart forums, etc). As far as shipping, I usually do prices ppd (postage paid) and ship first class, or priority if someone buys a lot and you can stuff it all in a flat rate envelope or box. I always do delivery confirmation too. If I had a postal scale at home, I'd do actual shipping. It seems that most people selling dipes now are doing about $2 or $2.50 shipping per item, and offering discounted/combined shipping if you buy several things. You can't ship much for under $2 if you get delivery confirmation. HTH a bit! And really, if you have nb/smalls, feel free to PM me
    Jenna, owner - Laina's Laundry

kellyd is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm definately interested in any NB's or Sm's too... I'm just starting on my CD stash.

Swap is one of several yahoogroups that started from these boards to buy/sell/swap baby products. The cloth diaper one is I think called Diaperswap2 on yahoogroups. The only way I can guess to join it is to search yahoogroups for that name.

There are other yahoogroups that started from these boards: StrollerSwap, a babywearing swap group that I can't remember the official name of, and probably more.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

I was referring to the BBB Swap yahoo group : www.groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Swap
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Leslie's Boutique will buy used Fuzzi Bunz http://www.lesliesboutique.com/ you can email her to see if she would take yours.

I am a big fan of DiaperSwappers, but I just found http://www.myuseddiapers.com/ an used diapers auction site! It doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic, but you could try there!

I also second the Craigslist option!
    Sarah

DD1 5/05 Evenflo HBB
    DD2 4/07 FF Britax Roundabout
    DD3 4/07 FF Safety 1st Uptown
    DD4 6/10 RF Britax RA50