egfmba is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Please tell me which seat to buy....

...for my 11 month old DS2.

My head is spinning from the choices. DS2 climbed out of his carseat today (his Graco infant seat) while we were driving! We need to move him into another seat and fast.

I drive a '98 Honda Accord, and this is his primary vehicle (the one he rides in the most). I would love suggestions across the spectrum (low/high cost, low/high weight limits, convertible/whatever the other option is).

Please help me keep this kid in his seat!!!! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

eva

Ruh Roh... well, when you drive to the store to buy a new one... make absolutely sure that the harness slots are at his shoulders, the harness is snug (so that you can't pinch fabric vertically...just get it nice and tight on his shoulders) and the chest clip is even with his armpits. If his harness is like that, he will not be able to escape.

I'd look at the Marathon or Evenflo Triumph Advance Compass/Learning Curve True Fit is also a neat new choice.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

egfmba is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks, Julie! I'll check those out right now. I just got so frustrated when I turned around and he was standing up! I knew he'd been pitching a fit (he hates his carseat) but I didn't realize he'd been squirming his way out, one limb at a time! He's never done this before, and it's enough to make me wanna pull my hair out!!!

eva

Yeah my advice is what ever seat you get, like Julie said, it is important that you have the harness strap tight and chest clip in proper place! GOOD LUCK with that.

Here is a GREAT ARTICLE.. to use as reference to help make sure you are getting that little tike in there so he can't worm his way out again!!!!!!

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/ConvertibleShop.aspx
    Kelle
    Mom to Riley (05-03)
    (She's a girl, not a boy)
    Used to sit in REGENT
    NOW SITS IN FRONTIER
    WE LOVE!!!