niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Replacing elastic in fitted dipes

So, I had a quick look through our cloth dipes to see what I could list on Swap - stored in plastic container underneath DS's crib. I think most of the bijou baby medium hemp fitteds have shot elastic. I'm really bummed as these were great dipes. When I slightly stretched the elastic it made a crinkly sound. The brand new ones, never used nor prewashed, are fine, it was just 12 or so of the mediums that we used that have the shot elastic.

I was going to list on swap etc, would anyone be interested in a great dipe that needs some repair, or do I just toss? Other dipes are fine, I don't know what happened to these. They were all washed and treated the same, but the bijous didn't make it.

Thanks.

ETA 8 of the mediums are affected. Is it worth contacting Jaime to ask about repairing them - they should have lasted - an organic velour one did and other brands did as well. But I intend to sell, so maybe asking for a repair isn't right?? Thoughts.
    Last edited by niccig; 02-26-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Don't toss them! If you list them discounted due to needing repair, some sewing mama will probably snatch them up. From what I understand, replacing elastic isn't too difficult. If nothing else, you could donate them to somewhere like Miracle Diapers and I'm sure they'd be happy to have them. As far as contacting Jaime - you could just email her to let her know, as I think she would want to know if the materials she used didn't hold up very long. I'm not sure - maybe she'll offer to repair them? I know there are some WAHMs that will replace elastic for a small fee, too.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I emailed Jaime to see if they can be fixed. If she can't, then I'll list them discounted - they're in great shape otherwise, no stains at all. They were such a great dipe for us. I was keeping them in case we decided on DC#2, but we're finally sure we're done, and other babes can use them.

Nicci