Arrow Another "which seat" (Regent, Nautilus, or Radian) question

DS1 is 35lb and pretty tall for his age (he'll be 3 the end of June). I just had DS2 2 1/2 weeks ago and he is another big boy. He was 9lbs. 5oz. and 21 1/2 in. at birth, but he is at least 11lbs. now. DS1 outgrew his infant seat at 3 months, and it looks like DS2 will do the same. I have DS1 in a Marathon (on the next to highest harness straps), and DS2 in the Graco Snugride. I will need a new seat before the Britax September sale. I would like to put DS2 in the Marathon and get something else for DS1. Should I get the Regent now with the sale price being what it is, or should I wait a little bit and get a Graco Nautilus or a Radian 65?

I need to move quickly on this. Oh, and I drive a '92 Mercedes TE wagon. The Snugride is so big that it made it where the passenger seat has to sit uncomfortably forward. When I sit there (when DH drives), I don't have much room for my knees (I am 5'7 1/2"). I don't want to get any seat that will cause the same problem.

Help, please?

TIA!

I'd just flip the Marathon rearfacing, install it slightly more upright than the maximum 45 degree recline, and it should be comfortable and take up a touch less space than the Snugride (have you been putting the snugride handle down? If you leave it up it takes up less space, and it's ok to leave it up), and get a bigger seat for your big guy, like maybe the Graco Nautilus (taller top slots than the Marathon and becomes a good booster later) or Britax Regent (185 at some stores if you act today).

Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2
    I'd just flip the Marathon rearfacing, install it slightly more upright than the maximum 45 degree recline, and it should be comfortable and take up a touch less space than the Snugride (have you been putting the snugride handle down? If you leave it up it takes up less space, and it's ok to leave it up), and get a bigger seat for your big guy, like maybe the Graco Nautilus (taller top slots than the Marathon and becomes a good booster later) or Britax Regent (185 at some stores if you act today).

We have a Regent, a Nautilus, and MA. The Nautilus and the MA (FF) are side by side in the same vehicle and it helps that the Nautilus sits lower on the seat. DD1 has more legroom in the Nautilus than DD2 does in the MA with the front seats pushed all the way back. I'm pretty sure (without having tried it) that the Regent would virtually eliminate legroom in that same vehicle, which is why we never got a second one for it. I LOVE the Regent in my van, but I wouldn't love it so much in a tighter space. The Nautilus has been great so far and installed easily with the seatbelt (it's in a '98 w/o LATCH), which I assume you'll be doing since your wagon is a '92.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs