Default Best night time diapers for toddler boys

Our 18 month old son seems to wet through his diaper every night, even if I get up around 1am and change him while he is sleeping. He is big for his age - just over 30lbs and roughly 36.5 inches tall. We've been die hard Pampers Cruiser brand loyals, but are willing to try anything at this point.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Huggies Overnights - your son is the same size as my 3 yo, and he's in a size 5 and it still fits - just. But there's no bigger sizes, so when he outgrows the 5's, I'm looking at regualr size 6 diapers with a diaper doubler - like a sanitary napkin you put in the diaper for extra absorbency. Some people use depends inserts etc. You could also try to limit fluids close to bed-time and once you start the potty training, you can have him go before you put the diaper on. I'm praying for DS to be night-trained early.

Oh, also, you can get a mattress cover that goes ontop of the sheet and tucks in. So, if you have an acccident, you don't have to change all the sheets. I have two, so if he's wet, I change him, take the pad off and put a new one on and he's back asleep in a couple of minutes. I use mine on a crib that's been converted to toddler bed, but I think you could use it in a normal crib, you'll just have to take the flaps under the mattress as well as you can.

http://www.rightstart.com/global/sto...item~5626.html

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Huggies Good Nites

We moved from Huggies Overnites to huggies Good Nites when DS outgrew those. The Good Nites seemed big at first, but he had never soaked through them.
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Has anyone tried the Huggies Night time Pull ups? I am in the same situation with DS. He has almost outgrown the Size 5 Huggies Overnites diapers but I don't know if I should try the size 6 regular dipe with a doubler or the Good Nites (smallest size starts at 38 lbs) or the Huggies overnite pull ups... DS is only 21 mos so I don't forsee potty training anytime soon.

jeri

I have been using the Huggies Overnights for my son as well at night. When he started wearing pull-ups during the day, I got the Huggies Pull-Ups for Nighttime and they didn't hold anything. Half way through the night he was soaked so I'd stick to the regular Overnights.

We had good luck with Huggies GoodNites.
    Mom of Two

3/30/04
    3/9/06

Quote Originally Posted by jerigirl
    Has anyone tried the Huggies Night time Pull ups? I am in the same situation with DS. He has almost outgrown the Size 5 Huggies Overnites diapers but I don't know if I should try the size 6 regular dipe with a doubler or the Good Nites (smallest size starts at 38 lbs) or the Huggies overnite pull ups... DS is only 21 mos so I don't forsee potty training anytime soon.
    Seriously, we tried everything I could think of and the ONLY thing that seemed to work at all was the Huggies Overnites with a diaper doubler/Depends insert and a diaper cover. DS will be three in June and is pretty darn tall for his age, so we could really use a size 6 (have been in a size 6 during the day for awhile), but even kind of snug, the Huggies Overnites is the only thing that even came close.

No offense to some people, but I don't think you realize what "heavy wetter" might mean! There's no way most of those diaper combinations would work for DS. His morning diapers have more pee than I've ever seen anywhere! And even the combination we use doesn't always work (for instance, he was a bit wet this morning), but he hasn't been sopping wet in a long long time.
    Debbie