Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Actually, I just got off the phone with Stanley, and as it turns out, the 2nd Nature bunk (and all of the others) are made overseas. The only one which is still made here, is the genAmerica bunkbed. Supposedly, they will have another one called the Four Seasons which will be made here starting in April or May of this year. Hmmmm.

Default Costco bunkbeds

My mom bought us the Costco bunk beds (they weren't $600, not sure how much). They are the light pine color. We like them a lot. They can be separated, but we don't have them that way. I like how the top has the wooden bar almost all the way across for safety, since my almost 5 year old is up there. He just started up there and loves it!
    I can sit and read underneath, and it is sturdy, even with my 2 crazy boys! We are happy with it!

The Costco one is made with birch in China, would include only curbside delivery
    Last edited by bluestar2; 02-15-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What about Ikea? Are there any good bunk beds there? We will be moving the boys to bunks in the nexy year or two, so I haven't gotten into full research mode, but my friend bought her DDs a set of twin Ikea beds that can convert to bunks in a few years. That seemed like a great idea!

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Honestly, I looked on Ikea's website and was not impressed with what they have to offer. I probably would go ahead and order one of the bunks from Costco, but I wish one of their stores by me had at least one sample on the floor to check out. Depending on the weather (we're supposed to get A LOT of rain tonight and tomorrow), I'm going to go check out the genAmerica bunk made by Young America (Stanley) at a local furniture store sometime this weekend.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

twins2000, I was wondering what you ended up doing. We've got the Four Seasons collection case pieces for DS1 and we'll be moving DS2 into the room in the next week or so. DS1 threw a leg up in his crib for the first time, so I'm thinking it is time to order soon. I've got my own questions about bunks, so I'll start another thread. This one had a lot of good info, though!

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have this one, but a loft only version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Split-Freedom-Bu...d=p3911.c0.m14

We stained it ourselves and DH put it together. It is very sturdy.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2