Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default How long did you use your Beco or Ergo?

I listed all my carriers for sale on CL b/c I haven't used them in a long time with DD#2. If everyone shows up (yeah, right), they will all sell. Now, I'm having 2nd thoughts.

If I haven't used a carrier at all with DD#2 in a few months (maybe 4 or so), will she use one again??? She's 13m now.

If I keep one, which one:

4G bEco in Carnival (love the fabric, but its not as comfy as the ergo)
    Ergo in Cranberry (don't love the fabric, but its the most comfy)
    BHMT in Raspberry swirl. Too complicated
    CW in sage green (WAY too complicated)
    Bjorn (blech)
    Hotsling (blech)

I'm thinking the Ergo. anyone have any input?!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

at 18 months, we still use it in places where we don't want to deal with the stroller and don't want him running free.

I say keep the comfy one and find the carnival fabric to have someone make you a slipcover for the ergo.
    Have a nice day!

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel like hijacking and asking you about carriers!!! I'm thinking of an Ergo or a Moby Wrap or both. I've never been much of a baby wearer though. I have tried a KKAFP and a Bjorn and I liked the Bjorn a little more although not much. I think I'm going to have to try more babywearing with 3 kids.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

DD is 2.5 and i'm still using my ergo. keep your ergo!!! i use it mostly for safety, because *she* always wants to run around. i used it the other weekend when we went hiking, for almost an hr. she wanted to walk, but there were poison oak in the area and i didn't want to risk it.
    ________
    Yamaha c40
    Last edited by mshen; 02-19-2011 at 07:33 AM.

oh, karen, you HAVE TO get an ergo, it's easy to use and supportive. you can carry your older boys in it. though it's not great for newborn.

IMO, moby is only good for newborn. my son is 2m, and already i don't use the moby with him. i know lots of ppl find all that fabric overhelming, so i don't usually recommend it too much. however, if you can get over the "overwhelming" fabric part, moby is sooooo snuggly with the itty bitty baby. <sigh> i loved it. now i mostly wrap with a woven wrap with my son, and carry my daughter in the ergo, and sometimes i carry them both at the same time. i'm getting very toned on my back and my legs.
    ________
    Buy Iolite
    Last edited by mshen; 02-19-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KBecks
    I feel like hijacking and asking you about carriers!!! I'm thinking of an Ergo or a Moby Wrap or both. I've never been much of a baby wearer though. I have tried a KKAFP and a Bjorn and I liked the Bjorn a little more although not much. I think I'm going to have to try more babywearing with 3 kids.

Ergo. Definitely. I liked the bEco for the cute fabrics and I'd like to try the bEco Butterfly (latest version).

Personally, I found the CuddlyWrap the most comfy, but it had YARDS AND YARDS of fabric. I have no idea how you would put it on in your car, for example. The Ergo and the bEco are SO easy to use out and about, you can keep them in your stroller basket and pop the baby in when needed. Wraps are a PITA IME.

I can't use one-armed carriers (ie., slings). They bother my back/neck due to a prior injury. I've tried a few and they just don't work.

Anything is better than the Bjorn, LOL!

ETA: I didn't use either the Ergo or bEco with a newborn, though wish I had. Both have newborn inserts.
    Melissa

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Davids-Coco
    at 18 months, we still use it in places where we don't want to deal with the stroller and don't want him running free.

I say keep the comfy one and find the carnival fabric to have someone make you a slipcover for the ergo.

Hmm, I didn't know that I could do a slipcover for it. Very interesting....
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by mshen
    DD is 2.5 and i'm still using my ergo. keep your ergo!!! i use it mostly for safety, because *she* always wants to run around. i used it the other weekend when we went hiking, for almost an hr. she wanted to walk, but there were poison oak in the area and i didn't want to risk it.
    Thanks, that's what I'm leaning towards....
    Melissa

oh about using the wrap out and about, i usually pre-tye it on my body, then go. it's pretty easy with the stretchy wraps, such as moby and cuddlywrap. but yes, it is very very very very long.

and even though ergo has the newborn insert, i personally didn't like it. thought it felt awkward. and you can use a blanket instead. it really is just a color coordinating blanket with a padded rail. don't know about beco, never tried it.

disclaimer: i've been wrapping for 2.5 years, so i'm biased towards wraps. having said that, i still love my ergo.
    ________
    SUZUKI RG250 SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by mshen; 02-19-2011 at 07:34 AM.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default 2 year old and Ergo is still going strong

My DD turns 2 in a week and we use the Ergo every single day! We commute on public transit and live in a big city. She is 28 or so lbs and 3 feet tall and we plan to continue to use the Ergo as long as we can! I would hang on to it if I was you. And Karen, definitely consider an Ergo with your new little one. Happy baby/toddler wearing!

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast