I, like many on these boards, seem to have a baby carrier fetish of sorts. All those pretty fabrics! When DD #1 was born, I bought the maya wrap sling and HATED it- too much strain on one shoulder. Then I borrowed a neighbors bjorn and it was ok for a little while until the strain on my shoulders got to be too much for me. When my DD #2 was an infant I decided to treat myself to a babyhawk mai tai- which I really liked, but as she grew up I never could figure out how to do the back carry comfortably, so when planning a vacation with some minor hiking involved, I decided to spring for a beco. Its a 4th gen, and the back carry is really nice- no strain on your shoulders which is great! I love the simplicity of the buckles (no long straps to deal with) and its so easy to adjust. Now my DD #2 is 22 months old. This summer Ive been backpacking her everyday for short trips around the neighborhood and Im amazed at how comfortable it is. It doesn't hurt my shoulders at all! With the Beco it seems easier to have over 25 pounds of toddler strapped to my back than it would be to push a stroller! (and I like my stroller!) I must add, that it looks super cute too!