Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MNmomtobe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Any petite moms wearing Hanna girls stuff?

I was at the outlet today and the beach pants were only $12 so got DD 2 pairs! Anyway the saleslady said she wished they would get them in women's sizes in so she could get some. I agreed. Now I am thinking I could have looked at the girls sizes as I am very petite. I am 5 feet tall and about 105 lbs.

I am curious about sizing though. If I use their sizing chart I would be a size 150 for height but size 160 for weight. Would the 150 be too tight in the hips? I am not very hippy but not a stick figure either.

TIA!

at 5'8" and 140lbs, i can wear a dress in a 160. i got the striped polo dress for wear over my swimsuit. it is short, but not outrageous. perfect for trips to the pool. i am not petite AT ALL. very broad shouldered and NOT a stick figure. ETA: my normal dress size is a 6.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

Thanks! Now I am really unsure of sizing LOL! I guess I'll just have to try them on. I am thinking depending on size they will either be too tight or too long (or both!)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm 5'1" and when I was fit and 125 pounds I could wear a 160 in tops, but not pants. Even now when I am not fit nor 125 pounds I can wear a 160 Survivor jacket.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Even if you're pretty tiny, you might find the 150s a little tight in the hips. When I was fit a a few years ago (in b/t kids), I was about 125, 5'3 and a size 4 and the 160s fit me, but weren't overly roomy in the hips
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

I bit off topic but...MNmomtobe I am wondering if you could share the product code for the beach pants you bought and the colors? $12 sounds like a good deal. Which outlet did you find them at? Thanks

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have tried only pants in a girl size. I'm 5'3" and 105 lbs and the 160s fit just right. I'm pretty sure the 150s would not have enough hip room for me and I have pretty narrow hips.
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

I'm 4'10" and 90lbs and I can usually fit in girls size 12 pants. Hanna 150 pants fit me, but can be tight even on my very slim hips depending on style. I tried the beach pants in a 150, but it just wasn't very flattering on me because it's such a baggy style. The 140s fit better on the waistline and hips but ended up being an awkward length. I've also tried some tops in a 150 and decided that they weren't very flattering because many of very are cut very boxy.

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcadams
    Even if you're pretty tiny, you might find the 150s a little tight in the hips. When I was fit a a few years ago (in b/t kids), I was about 125, 5'3 and a size 4 and the 160s fit me, but weren't overly roomy in the hips

Yeah, I agree. My legs are short in proportion to my very short body so I am guessing the 160s would be too long in length while the 150s would be too tight. I think I'll stick with tops.
    Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypenny
    I have tried only pants in a girl size. I'm 5'3" and 105 lbs and the 160s fit just right. I'm pretty sure the 150s would not have enough hip room for me and I have pretty narrow hips.

I guess I could try on the 160s but I'm guessing if they fit you right, they may be too tight on me since I have 3 less inches of height than you to distribute the same amount of weight!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast