erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Are we almost done with the SafeSeat?

At my daughter's 12 mo doc's appointment this morning, she measured 31" and weighed 22 lbs. So, weight-wise she is fine in her SafeSeat for a while, but she's closing in on the height limit. I seem to remember reading here that height limits are somewhat flexible (as opposed to weight limits which are pretty much set in stone). Is the real issue that she has at least 1" of space above her head in the seat? She has more like 3-4 inches, so if I'm remembering correctly about the 1", then she may well be fine for several more months. I guess maybe she has long legs and a shorter torso? Anyways, I would love to be able to use the SafeSeat for a few more months, especially for an upcoming plane trip (WAY preferable to dragging a convertible seat!), but just wanted to confirm here that that would be safe. Thanks!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You are correct, as long as there is an inch of hard shell above her head you are fine. The lip of foam on the top of that seat makes it hard to tell the one inch exactly, but if it is 3-4 you are certainly fine. I find that when they are almost touching the lip of foam is about one inch from the hard shell.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)