Default Miracle Blanket vs. Cozy Cocoon

I'm looking to get one of these for my 2 week old baby.

What would be recommended?
    (If anyone has used both, what are some differences?)

Thank you,
    Anna
    HBB Evenflo AMP; HBB Parkway SGL; FF Radian; RF Foonf; RF Snugride

BJ Versa / Valco Snap4

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I can't comment on the cozy cocoon, but we LOVED our MB with DD. We used it until she was at least 5 or 6 months, and she slept so much better with it than on the rare occasion without. I just went to look online about the cozy cocoon, it does look interesting, but it touts the ability of the baby to stretch and move around inside it. Really, the fact that the MB was kind of a baby straitjacket and didn't allow DD to struggle out of it was what I thought was so great about it, particularly in the early weeks. DD would have those early baby reflexes that would wake her up, and I thought that the MB did a good job at keeping her snug and calm. And, as far as ease of use, after the first couple of tries I could wrap the MB in the dark half asleep. MUCH easier than a regular swaddling blanket, IMO.

We really liked the MB. Swaddling didn't work that well for our DD, but of all the (many!) products we tried, the MB was definitely the best. Haven't used the Cozy Cocoon though. Once I got the hang of the MB, it was the easiest and the snuggest option.
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09

Default miracle blanket

i don't know about the cozy cocoon but i read about the miracle blanket, found a dealer, called them to see if they had one and bought it. they charged me $40 instead of $30 and i told her if it didn't work i was coming back. she was nice enough to bring it out to my car, run in and do my credit card and run back out with my receipt.

2 nights of this thing and i would have gladly paid $100. the kid always startled and woke himself up so many times but the blanket strapped him in all nice and cozy and he loved it, he knew it was bedtime and for the first time, he slept longer than a 1 hour period.

we eventually stopped using it, slowly, but i would not change a thing, i only wish i had known about it sooner. i had other swaddle things but he always got out of the blankets or the ones with velcro were way too big for him. good luck.