citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Did Pampers prices just go up?

Diapers.com is now selling Pampers Cruisers for $41 a large box, instead of $39 - even more exorbitantly priced than before. Did Pampers just raise the prices on their products? Should we be stocking up elsewhere before everyone raises their prices? (eg Amazon.com still has them at $39). Let me know if you've heard anything!

for Sandy Hook

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Both Pampers & Huggies raised list prices in early February to their customers (the Walmarts/Targets/etc.). That may be trickling to consumers finally, as the customers use up the last of their old-price stock.

I believe at least one of the private label manufacturers raised list prices a bit, too.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Probably... they use oil in the manufacturing process so when oil goes up so does everything else.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

YES!!! Just in time for me to have 2 in diapers, BRU and TRU raised their regular price on the large box of Pampers from $35.99 to $38.99. I feel the need more than ever to stack mfg. coupon, BRU internet coupons ($10 GC w/2 boxes) plus the $5 off/box store coupons.

After that price hike, I decided I was going to cloth, but DH and our drought (water restrictions) convinced me it was not a good time to start. Fortunately, DD potty trained this week on vacation, so we've only used one at nap and one at night. What a cost savings!!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow
    Fortunately, DD potty trained this week on vacation, so we've only used one at nap and one at night. What a cost savings!!
    Ditto - we are loving that DD is potty learning now - right now, it saves us just about one diaper a day, since she only reliably goes on the potty in the evening. But more reason than ever to continue PTing! Three cheers for potty-trained kids!

for Sandy Hook

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter
    Probably... they use oil in the manufacturing process so when oil goes up so does everything else.
    Kind of true Many of the diaper materials are petroleum-based, but they ceased being 'oil' and instead became nonwovens or films long before they hit a diaper line But you're right that any consumer products that use petroleum-based raw materials (think plastics, for example) are going to be impacted by what's going on in the market.

A year and a half ago oil was $55/barrel. It's occasionally hit over double that, now. Unfortunately the manufacturers can't eat that difference forever.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)