Default Diaperbagzilla STILL NOT RECOMMENDED

Anyone have any experience with diaperbagzilla.com or any of the other ZillaShops?

I'm thinking of ordering a diaper bag from there, but wanted to check here if anyone has had any bad experiences with them? If I order from them, I'll let you all know how it goes. In the meantime, if anyone here has ever ordered from them, how did it go?
    Last edited by twinstar; 05-13-2008 at 04:29 AM. Reason: experience update

Well, here's an update. I haven't ordered from them yet, BUT...

I e-mailed their customer service a couple of days ago with an even better price for the bag I was looking for. If they followed their 110% pricematch policy, I'd be saving about 40% off their advertised price. Problem is, I haven't heard back from them since then. I thought maybe they weren't available on the weekends, so I waited it out. But it's now Monday evening and still no response. I also e-mailed them this morning from a different e-mail address just in case there was a problem with my first pricematch request. But nope, no response. So much for the quick Customer Service I received the first time.

Sadly, I'm starting to think they aren't replying because they don't want to pricematch since I found such a great price
    Last edited by twinstar; 04-02-2008 at 01:47 PM.

UPDATE/RANT: Nope, haven't heard back from them at either of my e-mail addresses. I would have preferred the courtesy of a reply simply stating that for whatever reason, they cannot afford to pricematch the item. Instead, they chose not to bother responding while I played the waiting game...very poor customer service. I would have just been disappointed rather than angry about being ignored. Luckily, I found the bag at another website for the same price they originally offered me so I definitely won't be giving them my business. Have updated the title thread to "not recommended." End of rant.

Twinstar,

The 110% low price guarantee is intended to make sure that a customer feels confident when purchasing one of our products. This guarantee is even extended for 30 days AFTER a purchase for even more piece of mind. We truly pride ourselves on having the lowest prices on the web.

When you contacted us for a price match on 2 different bags, we sent a coupon for each of those bags to you for the 110% difference within hours - even though the other website was selling them at a price lower than the manufacturer allows.

However, you never used those coupons and over the course of the next few days, we received many emails from you requesting more and more price matches from different competitors. We actually thought this was some type of scam.

I apologize if the text surrounding our price match did not accurately convey the spirit of our guarantee, but it was never intended as a bartering tool to try and get a lower and lower price.

We will be updating the 110% price match guarantee in the next few days to ensure that there are no more misunderstandings.

Thank you,
    Sean Butler
    Owner - ZillaShops

Quote Originally Posted by ZillaShops
    The 110% low price guarantee is intended to make sure that a customer feels confident when purchasing one of our products. This guarantee is even extended for 30 days AFTER a purchase for even more piece of mind.

...However, you never used those coupons and over the course of the next few days, we received many emails from you requesting more and more price matches from different competitors. We actually thought this was some type of scam...

I apologize if the text surrounding our price match did not accurately convey the spirit of our guarantee, but it was never intended as a bartering tool to try and get a lower and lower price.

Thank you,
    Sean Butler
    Owner - ZillaShops
    Ah, at long last...acknowledgement that my price requests were even received

I find it disturbing that I never received a response to my e-mails, yet I get one here on a public forum. What does that say about this company? They went to the effort to register and post, but couldn't bother with a personal explanation in an e-mail. I guess it's more important to get a message out to the masses rather than respond to the one person who was willing to do business with them.

The point of their 110% price guarantee is to make customers feel confident about shopping with them? When I read "110% Price Guarantee" I interpret that to mean I will indeed be given the best price, not lulled into some kind of false sense of security that I will be given the best price so "don't bother to shop around"! I couldn't help but think after receiving no reponses to my e-mails "Thank goodness I didn't order from them! Better to be getting no response before I made a purchase rather than no response after!"

As for the bartering comment...ummm, really? It seems rather obvious that when a company offers a 110% price match guarantee, that their potential customers are going to be internet savvy bargain shoppers. Of course we're going to look around for the best price when pricematching. And we're going to go where the prices are best. Of course, there are exceptions to that statement. For example, I will shop with a company who offers exemplary customer service, which is often just as important, if not more important, than prices. However, that kind of loyalty has to be earned by previous experience and/or even word of mouth. I'm not just going to fork over hard-earned money in this tight economy unless I think it's worth it. So, if I'm a first-time customer, the company either has to have a stellar reputation which makes me comfortable with parting with my money or else offers a price that can't be passed up. Diaperbagzilla, I felt, offered neither. I mean, gee, thanks for sending me a pricematch coupon within a few hours. But that doesn't lock me into some kind of contract to do business with them at that price, does it?

In any case, the whole point of even starting this topic was to find out if anybody here had experience with diaperbagzilla and could recommend them before I bought from them. I, in turn, was going to post either a positive or negative review, depending on how well diaperbagzilla treated me, a potential customer. Obviously, by the lack of responses (even though it's been viewed by others many times), nobody here even shops at diaperbagzilla. Furthermore, it also appears that the only person who has even had any experience with them is me! Unfortunately, the bottom line is I cannot recommend diaperbagzilla.com. And their response in the message above has done nothing to reflect positively in my (and likely, anyone else's) eyes.
    Last edited by twinstar; 05-13-2008 at 04:26 AM.