egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Misprinted diapers (hez, probably a ? for you)

I just opened a Costco box of Huggies size 4. All of the diapers in the box appear to be misprinted. If you are familiar with this style Huggies, there is a printed half circle that goes around each leg opening. On all these diapers that half circle is obviously off from center and the diaper itself appears to be a little slanted.

I am otherwise out of diapers and have used a few and they seem to do OK, but Amy is not a heavy wetter. She hasn't worn one overnight yet, I opened the box this morning. Should I be concerned about these diapers from a performance perspective at all?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Not Heather, but I'll say that I recently bought a box of Huggies thru Amazon and about half of the diapers were missing a tab (to close the diaper).

I called Huggies CS, and the woman was SO nice and apologetic. She sent me 2 coupons for free jumbo diaper packs and assorted other coupons. She sent a address label that I stuck on an envelope so I could send her back 2 diapers so the company could see the exact problem.

I would call Huggies. I was very pleased with the response (especially considering the insane amount of money I've spent on diapers!!).
    Our string quartet is complete

I also had a pack of Huggies with a few defective diapers, and Huggies CS was awesome. They sent me a ton of coupons, and a mailer to send two defective diapers back in. Since most of the box was fine, I ended up getting lots of free diapers out of the deal. It was totally worth the phone call.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Sounds like the registration system that aligns where the print matches up for the backsheet of the diaper was a little off. If all the other pieces-parts look like they're where they're supposed to be, I'm guessing it's just a registration defect, and the dipes are usable.

When you talk about the dipes looking slanted-- I'd have to see 'em to 'read' the pad-- for instance is it just that the backsheet got misaligned, or if there are other parts that got misaligned. Again, if it's just the backsheet, that's one thing. If the core's all misaligned then you're potentially at a higher risk for leakage. There are tolerances built into the designs (just like anything mass produced) but the tolerances are only so wide, ya' know?

For a minute I got worried and thought you were going to tell me you had a Pampers bag that looked like that! Phew!
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thanks all. I called Huggies and they were pleasant. They assured me that as long as I could see the inner pad and the diaper went on securely they were fine to use, but they were going to send me some nice parting gifts anyway.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)