Default what is up with these Pampers?

The past couple of days I've noticed little white flakes on DD in her diaper area when I change her. It's the same Swaddlers we've been using all along (although about to grow out of the largest size) - what could this be?
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sounds like the gel beads that are the absorbant inner part of the diaper. When a diaper gets too saturated the beads sometimes migrate out of the inner part of the diaper onto baby's skin.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

If it doesn't look like the absorbant gel (the usual suspect), I'm wondering if it's the lotion? Call the CS line & tell 'em what you're seeing.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

I'm new here but I've noticed the same thing with Pampers. My 8 month old DD just went from Swaddlers to Cruisers b/c of size and these Cruisers are leaving white flakey "debris" on her behind...think I'll give them a call. I wondered if it was just a Cruisers issue...guess not.
    I also don't like the stupid cartoons all over the Cruisers.

Yesterday I got a BumGenius 3.0 cloth diaper to try...I'm hoping it works out - I'm tired of paying out the wazoo for disposables!

Tracy

Pampers' quality has dived in the last couple/few years. We had the same problem with white debris all over DS, and was a major reason we switched brands.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rovergirl
    I'm new here but I've noticed the same thing with Pampers. My 8 month old DD just went from Swaddlers to Cruisers b/c of size and these Cruisers are leaving white flakey "debris" on her behind...think I'll give them a call. I wondered if it was just a Cruisers issue...guess not.
    I also don't like the stupid cartoons all over the Cruisers.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

If you're not a fan of the print, CALL the CS line. They won't know if you don't tell them!

FTR, I'm not a big fan of heavily printed dipes, either.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)