Default Bassinet - Safety Question

DS2 is due in about 6 weeks so I'm in the process of digging out all of my old baby gear from DS1 (who is now 3). We purchased the Eddie Bauer Rocking Bassinet (the wooden one) for DS1 but he never slept in it due to reflux and colic (he was always more comfortable in his swing, bouncy seat, car seat, etc). Well, looking at the bassinet now, I'm not sure that I'm really comfortable with it - the rocking mechanism "lock out" doesn't fully work. The bassinet moves a few inches in either direction even with the lock out on. I can see this pushing the baby into the side of the bassinet. In fact, I vaguely remember this happening with DS1 for the few times he actually slept in it.

Is this something I should be very concerned about? Is it worth purchasing a new bassinet? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Default Bassinet

I would purchase a new bassinet, just to be safe and for your peace of mind.

Good luck and congrats!

Sharon
    1st-time Grammie-to-Be of Maya or Connor (also a former nurse, former social work practitioner and former doula turned doula again to my daughter in August 2008)