Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default All Around Elastic Sheets Sold Seperately

I've seen the list of manufacturers in the book that make fitted crib sheets with elastic all around the sheet. However, most are sold in bedding sets and may not be of high thread count quality. Any suggestions on where online I can purchase high thread count (200+) crib sheets with elastic all around?

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know the thread count, but I love the Kids Line jersey crib sheets. I had been using QuickZip sheets until I discovered the Kids Line sheets, and completely switched over. They are so soft and come in a bunch of colors! The haven't shrunk in almost two years of washings.

My white/off-white ones have dirty marks all over them, though. I'm not sure what the marks are from, but my blue and yellow ones don't have them. (I wouldn't have picked out white sheets, but they were a gift.)

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Potterybarnkids.com usually has 200 TC minimum for crib sheets. I also have 200TC from Company Kids and Lands End. Higher TC available at Peacock Alley. All have elastic all the way around. I also *just* got the fleece baby sheets (www.fleecebaby.com)--they are polyester fleece, very soft and have elastic all the way around.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

Thumbs up

The Gap just opened their Gap Baby Home line. They have awesome elastic all around sheets that are super soft and 200+ thread count. Just go to the Gap website, click on baby and in the lower right corner is a big box advertising Baby Gap Home. Looks like they are going to have some nice items. The clothes are great so I imagine the other goods will be on par, but I can speak for the sheets and their awesome fit, wash and softness. They are not particularly cheap, but then you get what you pay for, and they usually have some good coupons out. Enjoy.

Default Pottery Barn Sheets elastic all the way around?

Nupe - you mention that Pottery Barn has elastic all the way around, but their site says "Elastic around top and bottom ends of fitted sheet for safety purposes (rather than around entire edge of fitted sheet)." I assumed this meant the elastic is only on the corners, but I was confused why they are saying the do that for safety reasons. Have you had a different experience? I love their sheets, and want to purchase them, but not if the elastic is not all the way around.

Thanks.

Default All the way around

The elastic on my PBK crib sheets, fleecebaby crib sheets and amy coe crib sheets goes all the way around. I don't know if the PBK sheets are different for different patterns or price points though. You can call the PBK 1800 number and ask them. They usually have samples they can touch/look at and tell you specifics about for a given item.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The elastic on my fleece (chamois) sheet and regular sheet from PBK does not go all the way around. If I were buying these things all over again, I would get some from Lands End, but more because I like their quality and guarantee. I do like the softness and the fit of the PBK fleece sheet. The other one is nothing special.
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

Default Pottery Barn

I just called Pottery Barn and unfortunately their sheets only have elastic on the corners. What a shame, their sheets are so beautiful. I'd love to know why their site claims they do that for "safety reasons".

I just bought some plain crib sheets at a discount store "Tuesday Morning". they were Springmaid and decent quality with all around elastic. I got plain white (there were limited in colors, as most discounters are) but a 2 pk for $4.99! They washed up really well also!

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by nupe
    The elastic on my PBK crib ... sheets goes all the way around.
    I didn't have the sheets with me at the time I responded. I was wrong. The PBK sheets have 2 pieces of elastic, one across the foot and one across the head of the sheet, that is to say, the short sides, including the corners. I am surprised that I didn't realize this before, considering how many times I have changed/folded these sheets. Since we use many brands, I think I thought the elastic went all the way around. Sorry about that.

The Amy Coe sheets and Fleecebaby do go all the way around, as I checked those today as well.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast