Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Please please remember to secure all your furniture

I have not been here for quite sometime and I hope this is an appropriate place to post this.
    On another forum I belong to a tragedy occured to one of the members 23 month old son. He climbed into his dresser drawer and the dresser toppled over onto him. His neck was stuck in the drawer and from what I understand he died immediately. He was a sweet sweet child. I am just so saddened by this.
    Please ladies look around at your furniture, dressers, entertainment centers ect. so this does not happen to anyone elses child.
    Heidi
    Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

How horrible!! Thank you for the reminder. I'll say a prayer for his family--what a tragedy.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OMG, this just happened to my nephew last night, but thankfully, he was not seriously injured. His big brother was climbing on the drawers and when it fell it landed on my younger nephew's leg. I haven't heard the extent of the injury yet, but we did hear that it is not serious. We have most things baby proofed, but we need to do round 2 here very soon!

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How horrible!

DD has done this twice since we moved into our new house three weeks ago. Luckily, she has not been injured. I haven't found the strap for the dresser yet.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

thank you for the reminder. we just got ds a knew dresser and i keep telling dh to secure it. that is on the list for my day...
    big brother 7/22/05

little brother 4/4/08

Oh, how horrible! That poor family....

Let me add: and be sure to secure your shelves! A friend's DS tried to climb a 4-shelf unit and broke his leg when it fell on him.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This is just horrible.
    Babyproofing causes me major anxiety. DH's philosopy is that we should be watching DD all the time anyway so there is no use in babyproofing! I just forwarded this to him.
    DD
    DS

you can also tell him that Coreys mom was right there in the room with him so accidents can happen at anytime anyplace, even if you are standing right there, unfortunately.
    Heidi
    Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That's terrible. How sad.

That is very sad, I worry about these things with my dd all the time and dh says I'm being to over protective.. I plan to show him this later. Thank you for posting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast