Default Yummy easy Thai recipes?

I looooooove Thai food, and DH is learning to like some Thai food. We aren't introducing peanuts to DD yet, so though I love peanut sauce, we need to skip it for the family recipes. Anybody have yummy easy Thai recipes? I'm very pregnant right now so I don't want to try anything too fussy, but would love to try some new recipes. Thanks!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Thai Chickpea Stew Recipe from old thread

Quote Originally Posted by alkagift
    Now, to me this is not a heavy stew, it's more like a soupy entree. It's definitely something you'd serve in a bowl with a spoon, but it's not heavy-thick. It is a crockpot special, YAY, but the chickpeas don't get mushy.

I serve this with Jasmine rice and cucumber spinach salad.

2 tsp vegetable oil
    1 1/2 c chopped vidalia onion (1 cup regular)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 19 ounce cans (note the odd size) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
    2 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes, UNdrained
    1 14 oz can coconut milk (light doesn't make a difference, see the fat content below)
    1 Tbs good curry powder (mine is just from Whole Foods--very hot curries may need adjustment but for me this is good)
    2 Tbs minced *pickled* jalapeno pepper (this is what I cut down--I use about a teaspoon because I'm a spice wimp)
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 c chopped fresh basil (or cilantro, if you'd rather)

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 min or until onion is tender. Place onion mixture, chickpeas, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a 3 1/2 qt electric slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in basil or cilantro and serve over rice. Serves six to eight.

With regular coconut milk and including 3/4 c rice, this has 404 calories, 9g protein, 14g fat, 7 g fiber and way too many carbs.

I love this stuff! Debbi, I was thinking of you the last time I made this, wishing I'd brought you some!

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

I found this in an old thread in The Lounge a few months ago and have made it a few times. It is yummy and sooo easy.

jeri

hannah is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Thai pork

I just made Thai pork with peanut sauce tonight in the crockpot. The peanut butter doesn't go in until the pork is cooked so you could save some pork for DD before mixing it in with the sauce. This recipe is from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cook Book.

pork tenderloins (2 pounds or so)
    1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
    2 T rice vinegar
    2 cloves garlic (chopped)
    1 tsp red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup peanut butter

Coat crockpot with non-stick spray. Mix teriyaki sauce, vinegar, garlic, & red pepper flakes. Place pork tenderloins in crockpot and pour sauce in as well. Cook on low 6-8 hours or until fork tender. Remove pork and shred with a fork. Add 1/4 cup peanut butter to the sauce in the crockpot and stir until well mixed. Add shredded pork to crockpot.

** I usually make double the amount of sauce because when I just follow the recipe the pork sometimes dries out.

Tonight I didn't put the pork back in after I added the peanut butter so that I could give some pork to DS. That way everyone else could pour on as much or as little sauce as they wanted. I serve this with brown rice and steamed veggies. Yum!