bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Costco photo books ROCK!

I did a Costco photo book for DD#1. I suck at doing baby books, photo albums, etc, so I just pulled together some digital photos from her first year and used the templates on the Costco.ca site. Presto, instant book! I got lots of error messages about the resolution not being good enough, so I wasn't sure what the quality of the finished product would be like. Well, I picked it up today and it is SOOOOO cute! There is one photo that is kinda out of focus, but DD#1 won't really notice and I KNOW she is going to LOVE this book (her b-day is soon).

I made the book on March 23 and got the email it was ready on April 2, so a little over 1 week (they said it would be 2-3 weeks).

It was $29~ with tax, so more expensive than the Shutterfly books in the US, but I don't care. At least I have something with pictures so I don't feel guilty anymore!

I can't wait to do more -- I'm going to do one for DD#2's first year and more for DD#1 as well. The next books should be much easier as we got better digital cameras as DD#1 got older.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Fabulous!

Photobooks are on my hero list, honestly. It's the only way that I've been able to keep on top of photos since my kiddo became mobile! I've made one thus far, am working on my next one, and I think that I will get into the habit of ordering two copies so that M can have a copy of keep when she eventually moves out on her own.

I noticed that Chapters has photobooks on their website now, but I don't think that service is active yet.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

That is good to know because I recently did one thru Walmart for the ILs since it was near impossible to upload the photos to Chapters. It's nice inside, but the cover sucks. I'll check out the Costco ones next time - they make great gifts!