Default Constant Congestion

My 3 month old has had congestion since he was in the hospital at 5 weeks old w/RSV. I've done everything from saline, aspirating, and even a small dose of psuedoephedrine, I work in a pharmacy, so my pharmacist dosed it down for his weight. My pediatrician keeps saying use saline and suck it out, but I'm desperate for other answers. Could it be allergies?? We live in west TX and it's very dry. Please help. Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Does using a humidifier at night help at all? Sitting in a steamy bathroom? I think that "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears' has some good information on babies and congestions (things you can try at home). It might be worth a look at that book because it will have baby specific, rather than baby/ kid specific, recommendations. I think the book has more ideas but this page has some good information:
    http://askdrsears.com/html/8/T081000.asp

I hope he feels better!
    Beth

Thanks for the website, it really helped. We've been using a vaporizer in his room for about a week now and it seems to be getting rid of all the gunk in his head. It's nice to have people that will help you out, thanks again.