Default Do we really have to have a "real" bassinet?

Soooo, picture this - TINY teeny tiny apt.
    Could we just use the bassinet that comes with our high end stroller for the baby when it comes home, initially?

What would be the problems, "dangers" or concerns? We know a bunch of people whose kids slept in bouncy seats, swings, or infant car seats for most of the first 3 months...

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We used the Bugaboo bassinet for 2 babies. Worked fine in our teeny bedroom.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

don't NEED it! I had an arms reach mini co-sleeper next to our bed and it was FABULOUS! I also had a Moses Basket and it was great to have too. Your stroller bassinette should be fine if it works for you!

jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It will be fine. Ours slept in a pack and play for 6 months.

Default Thanks!

I am so delighted by the responses! It is good to know that this has worked out for others already. One of the great things about being pregnant/prepping for a baby is that I know people have done this before and have great advice!

Those of you who have tried this - do you have a thought on putting a special mattress protector type thing on the stroller bassinet mattress or should it be fine the way it comes? Its the uppa baby vista.

Best,
    asibtroy