Default Check State Parks

My father is a professional photographer and he gave me this tip: Check the local parks in your area. The site I found(well actually he told me about it after shooting a wedding there is a large stone building built after WW2 located on a bluff over looking Lake Michigan. The location is to die for and the price.....$75 per day! I about dropped the phone when the park ranger told me! I will rent some tables and linens but I will still save so much money! I am going to rent it for three days so we can decorate the day before and clean up the day after.

ps I LOVE this book! It has been like a bible to me! It is going to save me sooooo much money! I have told all my friends & co-workers about it!

Default rental costs

Although prices at parks are low in general, you also have to watch the rental costs, possibly added delivery fees, insurance costs, ...

Prices for tables run $9.50-11.50 (seating 8-10 people), chairs are $1.55 the cheapest I've seen (non-white, lightweight folding chairs. It's $3+ for white chairs). Table linens are $9-13 each, although I found sources online where I can purchase them for the same price.

All vendors at the park we are going to be in have to have insurance with special wording for the park- the vendors may/may not pass any additional costs for that onto you.

All-in-all, I don't think we're saving much money by having our wedding & reception at the park (initially I was excited about the cheaper price tag, but add $1000 for the cheapest rentals for 150 people and we could have rented out a hall for less that had the tables/chairs included). We are getting married on a mountain which made things a bit more complicated as far as delivery, etc. than the average park. It made planning a bit more complicated. I do love the location and am still very happy and excited about it! Just a bit of a warning to other brides...