Default Baby not comfortable in Ergo...help!

I have a 5 month old DD and I used to use the Ergo all the time in the newborn carry position. She has outgrown that and refuses to sit in it in the side position. I know it is time to change to the facing in postion, but it seems like she is not comfortable at all. I think her legs may be too short to wrap around my body and her butt slumps down so her knees end up higher than her hips (I hope that makes sense).

I also have a Bjorn and she has no problems facing in, but her legs are able to dangle down. It is killing my back and shoulders to carry her in the Bjorn, but it is the only sling that is working right now.

Does anyone have any ideas????

Thanks!

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Knees a little higher than hips sounds like a normal position for carrying a baby in most slings/wraps, etc.

At 5 months, depending on the size of your baby, she may be a little small for using the Ergo in non-newborn mode. I would keep trying and see if maybe in a month or so she is better suited for it. Also try the usual trick of putting her on then starting to walk around briskly while she is getting used to a new carrier/position.

Default try the hip position

my son had a similar problem with the Ergo then we tried it so that he was sitting on my left hip. He liked it a lot because he could see really well and he his legs were not as crouched up as they were when I tried to put him facing me. He is now 16 months and 27 inches and he can sit in it facing me with his legs out either side. We did the hip position from 4 months until just this week.
    hope that helps