Page is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default "head flopping" in car seat?

When your older child (say 2+ yrs. old) falls asleep in the car seat...how do you keep their head from falling forward (and side to side to side) while driving?

I know this sounds silly, but are there devices out there that keep their head in a seemingly comfortable position while they sleep on the road? It just seems to me that it's uncomfortable for them and it looks like it hurts DS's little neck.

I usually just try to prop it with a blanket or whatever I have that's soft in the car, but that doesn't work for keeping their head from falling forward when we have to brake. The same with those soft things or neck pillows that go around little one's head...kind of like for infant's...with the bigger kids it doesn't keep their head from falling forward.

Sounds random, I know...but thought I'd throw it out there.

euno is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

we just bought a cradler from kiddopotamus a few weeks ago for our 8 month old. you can adjust the straps in the back and it seems to work ok. i just kind of stick half the pillow on whatever side she is leaning toward. but it's fairly cheap and worth a shot!

http://www.kidstoreandmore.com/p321/...duct_info.html

Quote Originally Posted by euno
    we just bought a cradler from kiddopotamus a few weeks ago for our 8 month old. you can adjust the straps in the back and it seems to work ok. i just kind of stick half the pillow on whatever side she is leaning toward. but it's fairly cheap and worth a shot!

http://www.kidstoreandmore.com/p321/...duct_info.html

we have the same...it's too big for my dd to use yet, but it seems soft and comfy.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Hi. I thought i read that if it didn't come with the seat it shouldn't be used. I'm going to ask Jools. Checked with her, as I suspected the only things that should be used are those that come with the car seat. Biggest concern is forward head flopping. Come over to the car seat forum and I'm sure she would answer any additional questions.
    Last edited by Swimfreak78; 11-14-2008 at 08:53 PM.