Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Stroller rec's - newborn twins +toddler?

Hi -

My daughter will be 2yr4mo when my twins arrive in September. I'm looking for the "perfect" stroller and am willing to accept that I might need more than one (I've got 3 strollers now for my one daughter!).

1. Is there any stroller that you LOVE for transporting twins and a toddler? I do not want to get a triple stroller, but want an option other than just the ride-on-board for my daughter.

2. I also need a stroller for quick trips in and out of the car (mall, etc.). Is the Double Snap n Go my best bet and can I put a toddler board or something on there?
    --If not, what do you recommend?
    --If you do like the Double Snap N Go, what do you recommend for once they are out of the infant seats? I love my MacClaren - is there a way to put something for my toddler on the double MacClaren?

Thank you so much!!!

Oak is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Check out the Valco Trimode Twin Runabout w/ the toddler seat and/or buggy board. You can also get a triple decker for when the twins are small. You can put a toddler seat in the center and transport the twins in their carseats. Later on, you can get three toddler seats, if you want. However, I would probably use this when they are small. Again, I think the best choice is the Valco, however, they are pricey. I was fortunate to find mine used and like new.

The only one I would NOT recommend is the Joovy Big Caboose. We received it as a gift and DH threw away the receipt before we found out it wouldn't fit in our Honda Odyssey. While it was pretty easy to manuever, it is HUGE! I just didn't go places by myself or I put one of the twins in the Moby Wrap and let the other & DD1 ride in our Maclaren double.
    Sarah

DD1 5/05 Evenflo HBB
    DD2 4/07 FF Britax Roundabout
    DD3 4/07 FF Safety 1st Uptown
    DD4 6/10 RF Britax RA50

Valco! Works great

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have the Adventure Buggy Company (ABC) Twin Everest with add-on toddler seat and love that for moving 3 around. It is easy to take the toddler seat off (it just slides right off) and is very sturdy. The toddler sits on top and so gets a little well-needed mommy time. It's about the same size as a Mountain Buggy Urban Double (MBUD) but the MBUD won't take a toddler seat.

The only think I don't like about the ABC stroller is how heavy it is. And how bulky it is to pick up and put in a car. Other than that, it's a very sturdy, well- built stroller with exceptional customer service.

I forgot to add that for my twins, I now use the Snap and Go double. There is just nothing easier than that stroller. I will be sad to give it up when my twins outgrow their Graco Safeseats because it just makes little trips and small errands so much easier.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Gatorsmom,

Here is the response I received from Baby Trend when I asked if the safeseats fit (can you post the link again to the one u bought?):

I do apologize but the Graco SafeSeat car seats are not compatible for our Baby Trend Strollers. The only Graco that is compatible is the Graco Snug Ride.

Baby Trend
    1607 S Campus Ave
    Ontario CA 91761
    Customer Service Rep. Angie
    Tel 800-328-7363
    Fax 909-773-0108
    [email protected]
    www.babytrend.com

NO Refunds or Exchanges for parts purchased from Baby Trend

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178
    Gatorsmom,

Here is the response I received from Baby Trend when I asked if the safeseats fit (can you post the link again to the one u bought?):

I do apologize but the Graco SafeSeat car seats are not compatible for our Baby Trend Strollers. The only Graco that is compatible is the Graco Snug Ride.

Baby Trend
    1607 S Campus Ave
    Ontario CA 91761
    Customer Service Rep. Angie
    Tel 800-328-7363
    Fax 909-773-0108
    [email protected]
    www.babytrend.com

NO Refunds or Exchanges for parts purchased from Baby Trend
    Kindra 178,
    I just read your post and was so surprised by Baby Trend's response. I've been using the Double SNG for the past 6 months with our SafeSeats. So, I went to our garage and pulled all the numbers off the stroller I have so maybe this will help you.

Model# 1305TW
    MFG Date 4-5-2007
    Lot & QTYN 01240373

And here is a link to the exact stroller I'm using:
    http://www.babytrend.com/products_de...000&LampID=932

I have put the bars in these locations:
    for the carseat closest to the parent "pusher" the bar is screwed into the "E" position. For the carseat furthest from the pusher the bar is screwed into the holes between the B and C stickers. My Safeseats click in very securely. Hope this helps!

ETA: I bought my DSNG from Target.com about 9 months ago. This looks exactly like the webpage I ordered mine from:http://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Dou...0N%20Go&page=1
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 06-05-2008 at 04:02 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wanted to add one more point I thought might be relevant in someone's search for a stroller. Lately, we've had a ton of mosquitoes and some pretty nasty rainy weather. I'm not sure about some of the other strollers that accommodate 3 children, but the ABC Twin Everest will allow you to completely enclose the babies in a bug net/ rain cover while the toddler is sitting on top. Essentially, the babies are enclosed in their own little world while the toddler is riding on top close to you. I took all 4 kids to my older son's soccer practice last night and Cha cha was tired and didn't want to walk. So, while the twins were sleeping underneath, I pushed him on top until we got to our field. I had bug spray on our toddler but didn't want to have to put it on the babies. It is a nice feature on this stroller. Not sure you can do that on the Valco.

I've got to put in my extremely high recommendation for the Valco twin with toddler seat (tri-mode). It has been invaluable. I hesitate to say it, but I think it was the single best baby product investment that we have ever made, and that's saying a lot.

Edited to add that my DD was 25 months when our twins were born and almost 3 years later we are still using the Valco constantly. It is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. Can't say enough about it for our particular situation (which sounds a lot like yours). PM me if you want more info. We got ours from Rodney at Kiwi-kids and I haggled for a pretty good Strollerqueen discount.
    Last edited by DeeEast; 06-14-2008 at 10:33 PM.

michlyn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was looking at the joovy big caboose but am now reconsidering due to it not fitting well in minivan

I have heard awesome things about valcos
    Mom to 3 miracles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast