Default I am so weak in the morning - any advice?

I am so weak in the morning, which of course is when I need to do the most. I eat what I consider to be a good breakfast but shortly thereafter need to sit down when I really need to be getting the boys ready for preschool. I went grocery shopping at Target yesterday after dropping my older son off at preschool and had to camp out on a bench in the shoe department for quite a while until I felt like I could get up and get moving again. I have a prescription for iron pills and am thinking maybe I need to start taking those. Any other ideas? I'm 24 weeks today.

Thanks,
    Karla

I'm no professional but you could be anemic. If you have a script for iron you probably should take them. My wife was feeling the same way because she didn' t have enough iron. She's now taking Slow FE and feeling better.

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you checked with your doc since you've felt like this? Seems like it would be worth at least a phone call...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You could have low blood sugar. Have you tried eating a cookie or breakfast bar when you feel like this?

I used to feel weak in the morning too and oddly enough, the only thing that helped was high protein foods. So, when I was out and about I started carrying snacks high in protein with me. Kashi granola bars were a favorite. I also loved chocolate milk because it had good protein AND carb levels.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Any update?

I happened to have some blood work (unrelated to being pg) last week, and it came back slightly anemic. I loaded up on iron-rich foods this weekend, and have been feeling a bit more energetic... so it definitely could be a lack of iron...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08