Default Daycare won't start PT my 2-year-old!

Please tell me if I'm over-reacting, but my DD turned 2 last week and is showing interest in the potty. When I change her dirty diapers, she says "Ewww, yuck" so I KNOW she knows what she's doing.

Her daycare (which I have previously been VERY happy with) has a backlog of kids who are ready to move into the 2-year-old classes, so my DD is still in the 18-24 month room where they do not do any PT at all. The director has told me that there are several kids ahead of my DD in age that will be moved up before her when there is space available, and she wouldn't give me any indication of when they would be moving my DD. The director also said she did not want to start PT'ing in my DD's current room because other parents would be requesting the same thing.

I would like to PT at home, but it seems like a waste of time if they are going to put her back into a diaper at daycare. Isn't consistency the key?

Should I hold off on starting at home, even though I know she's ready? Or should I just move forward at home and accept that there are going to be setbacks because of her daycare situation?

I would move forward. My friend's dc does not do complete pt until the child is doing it at home. Go for it!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Daycare wouldn't start mine either. So we started at home and used pullups at daycare. I wasn't jazzed about the pullups (EasyUps by Pampers actually worked better for us) but it ended up OK. It was really quite fast b/c DD#1 wanted to be like the older kids.

Good luck!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011