Default Nectarine stains?

DS helped himself to a nectarine at the grocery store. He got juice all over the top and pants of one of his nicest outfits, and I can't get it out. The top is a cotton knit, and the pants are corduroy. Both have colors, so I can't use bleach. I've tried Zout, Shout Advanced, soaking in Tide and water solution, and using the steam feature on my washer. The stains haven't even faded. Any suggestions, please?
    Robin

Mommy to Tristan 10/11/05 and Parker 10/31/08

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default vinegar

Have you tried vinegar? I would place a cloth under the stain and dab it with white vinegar. If the stain comes out on the cloth, I would keep working with the vinigar until no more comes out on the cloth. Let the vinegar soak in for a while and then try washing it again. I am surprised how many stains are removed with vinegar.

good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I did not try vinegar, but I had thought of it. I was afraid it would hurt the clothes somehow. I actually went and bought Oxiclean. I made a mixture and treated the stains, then washed. Nothing happened. Then, as a last result, I soaked the clothes in an Oxiclean solution overnight. I washed them, and they came out perfectly clean! None of the other things I did, including the Oxiclean pretreat, even faded the stains, but the soak completely removed them. I'll keep vinegar in mind for the next strange stain I end up with. Thanks for your advice!
    Robin

Mommy to Tristan 10/11/05 and Parker 10/31/08

Default Another stain-fighter

I use Goop Hand Cleaner on my toddler and infant's stained clothing. It is normally found in the automotive section at a big-box store. I think it is intended for auto mechanics to get grease, etc. off of hands. However, it is a WONDERFUL laundry stain remover as well. It is in a white plastic tub. I was able to find some at Wal-Mart as it is now somewhat difficult to find.

HTH!

Juli

Quote Originally Posted by momtoclaire
    I use Goop Hand Cleaner on my toddler and infant's stained clothing. It is normally found in the automotive section at a big-box store. I think it is intended for auto mechanics to get grease, etc. off of hands. However, it is a WONDERFUL laundry stain remover as well. It is in a white plastic tub. I was able to find some at Wal-Mart as it is now somewhat difficult to find.

HTH!

Juli
    However, it is a WONDERFUL laundry stain remover as well. It is in a white plastic tub

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I was able to get some set-in orange stains out this week with Spray 'n Wash. It seems to work best when you leave it for hours before washing (like a day or two)