Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default will I ever have nipples that aren't sore !!??

UGH my DS will be 11 week's old tomorrow & still I get sore nipples, I live on Motrin wich isn't a great thing ! I guess it's because he's a bigtime comfort nurser.

So for you mom's who breast feed & have a baby that uses you as a pacifier what do you do when you're in the car or out, at the mall or relatives ?

In the car Jacob screams, we HATE driving , I know it's because he can't comfort himself , I wish that I pushed the pacifier for this reason. Anyone else have this problem ?

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I feel your pain. Sarah always slept in the car, but Amy HATED and I mean HATED the car. She would sometimes scream for the 35-40 minutes it took us to drive home from Saraah's ballet class. It was awful.

It got a lot better when we switched from the infant seat to the Marathon. She also just grew out of it. And the paci didn't help a lot in the car because it would pop out and she couldn't get it back in!

Amy also loved to nurse and would just hang out. I did give her a paci starting at about 8 weeks and I have to say that I her paci very dearly. But I also had no problem just letting her latch on and nurse at will either. It was really clear to me when she wanted the paci and when she wanted to nurse.

If I were still hurting at 11 weeks I would have someone take a look at his latch. His latch may be a little sloppy or he may be popping off a bit as he nurses, esepcially if you have a strong letdown. Maybe go to an LLL meeting or find a local breastfeeding support group.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber
    I feel your pain. Sarah always slept in the car, but Amy HATED and I mean HATED the car. She would sometimes scream for the 35-40 minutes it took us to drive home from Saraah's ballet class. It was awful.

It got a lot better when we switched from the infant seat to the Marathon. She also just grew out of it.

OMG, DD#2 hated, HATED, H.A.T.E.D. her infant bucket. She also hated the MA at first, but thankfully is fine now. Up until about 6m, though, she wasn't the nicest kid to be in the car with.

We even had the police visit us after a trip to the Dr with both girls. Kinda a long story, but our dr is about a 40 minute drive away in average traffic (downtown). Well, on the trip home DD#2 screamed blue murder the whole way. We were about 15 min from home and DH finally had had enough. He stopped at a local park/nature area and got her out of the carseat and walked with her for a few minutes in the forest to calm her down. It was raining, but she was dressed for the weather (he wasn't). After about 5 minutes, he came back to the vehicle (DD#1 and I were waiting) and we proceeded the rest of the way home (with DD#2 no longer hysterical).

While DD#1 and I were waiting for DH and DD#2 to return, I noticed another van in the parking lot. They stopped behind us and stared. I thought it was weird, but wasn't really thinking of much except how quiet it was after 30 minutes of DD#2's screams.

We get home and are there for about 15 or so minutes. Ding dong. Two cops at our front door. Not even from our city (from the city where the park is that we stopped in). Turns out the female driver of the van that stopped in the parking lot reported us. Because DH was walking into the forest/park with a baby. Um, OK, whatever.

We explained to the cops the situation and they left.

It was all very weird. Not sure what the chick in the other vehicle thought was going on. Maybe she thought DH was going to leave the baby in the forest. Dunno. Maybe she was bored and just wanted to call 911.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

That is a weird story !

BTDT! And still doing it at 1 year! Your boobs will eventually stop hurting I promise!

DD has *always* used me as a binky. I bought, literally, every pacifier on the market and she has refused them all. She will suck on the wrong side of the thing and smile at me. At naptime, she will only sleep if attached to a boob, she'll be 1 on Tuesday. The only other way to get her to nap is a very long stroller ride or leaving her in the high chair w/ a baby einstein on. Sigh...

She does have Reflux and a lot of her issue is/was comfort nursing that became habit. I NEEDED some peace & would let her nurse to sleep so I could get a nap too.

Also DD H-A-T-E-D the bucket. Got her a RA at 3 months so I could have a little sanity. She still screamed but not so bad. She actually still hates the carseat but when really tired I can drive around and she'll eventually pass out.

You aren't alone I hope you feel better soon!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Can you see an LC to check his latch? I would also suspect thrush if the pain is that bad.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

The pain comes and goes, it can be good for a few day's them hurts again. This is a baby who suck's throughout the night, he's in bed with me .

I thought about his latch too, but if he's attached to you all nite like Sequoia was to me, it will still hurt at that age. Just make sure he "is" latched on correctly.

It took months for my nipples to get used to the constant useage.

I just had to pull her off right now, I put her down & the whole time she wanted to be attached to me. Ouch. She woke right up.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

I know (and have felt) your pain. DD #1 KILLED me - I went back to the lactation consultant after one of my nipples was literally falling off - no joke - it had a sore almost cutting it in half. She went "yeah - that's really bad, but keep on nursing". Anyway, I discovered SOOTHIES - they are the best product on the market. They're glycerin pads that I wore 24 hours a day (only taking them off to nurse & shower). I had to replace them a few times, but it saved me & eventually my poor nipples healed. Those things are amazing! You can usually find them at your local drugstore.

With DD #2, she used me as a paci - my boob was in her mouth all day & I was losing my mind with no sleep (and pain). She wouldn't take the same paci as DD #1 (NUK), so my DH went out & bought every brand he could find & she took the Playtex w/no problem. So...try a bunch of different brands - see if your baby likes one shape over another.

DD #2 also couldn't stand the infant car seat, so I bascially just tried to never take her anywhere (not a recommended option

Hi! My DS will be 2 months tomorrow and I thought all he ever wanted to do was nurse...I was in constant pain as he was damaging my nipples ALL THE TIME....he always fussed and bobbed off. I had blisters, cracks, .....Now, he still bobs off every once in awhile, but he is much better.....I only comfort nurse him when he is really upset, which doesn't happen that often anymore. My nipples almost don't hurt anymore. He actually likes the carseat and will only nap there for now.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast