Default Almost 5 and not PT at night

The title says it all. DD will be 5 in less than a month and is nowhere near being potty trained at night. She currently sleeps in a nighttime Pull-Up that is almost always soaked in the morning. We limit her late-day liquids as much as we can given that she spends a lot of time outside and it's getting warm here. I am not sure if the issue is that she doesn't notice the bladder cues because she's such a heavy sleeper or that she relies too much on the Pull-Up and doesn't feel the need to get up because she knows the Pull-Up will keep her dry. Is it unreasonable to expect that she would be able to get up at night to pee?

Ellen

Ellen -
    I have no advice but am in precisely the same boat. My DD will be 5 in Oct, still having occasional accidents at naptime and other times when she tries to hold it in for too long (having too much fun, not wanting to take time to go to the bathroom). DD is a very heavy sleeper, especially when very tired (which is more often than not). I will sometimes wake her at 11pm before I go to sleep to go pee but her diaper is still wet in the AM. I do not put her in Pull-Ups because they would often leak. The "Goodnites" seem so expensive, and I don't know what the benefit to using those would be versus diapers.
    At her 4 yo checkup, DD's doc said it takes some kids longer than others to train at night. Said we can revisit at her 5 yo visit - discuss options (medication, hypnosis, alarm on the bed). I personally think she is just not aware that she has to go while asleep. I'm very nervous about her starting kindergarten - wondering whether she will have to carry a backpack everywhere with extra clothes!
    If you hear any advice in the interim, I'll post it here.
    Good luck!
    Michele