Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD and DS.

3 Marathons (one was a replacement from a car accident, but the one in the car was deemed ok by Britax)--one is used by DN when we have her
    1 Safeseat
    (I gave away a PP Primo Viagio which I hated)
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Two kids - 4 and 1:

In use now:
    Safeseat - two bases
    2 - Radian 65

Waiting for 1 year old out of Safeseat:
    Marathon
    Scenera
    Triumph

Have owned:
    Snugride (20 pounds) - gave to friend with emergency foster situation
    2nd Triumph - gave to friend
    Apex 65 - replaced with 2nd Radian after accident

OMG!!! Is this what we're headed for ???

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray
    The Lightbrite ComfortSport we have "donated" do the girls daycare. Even though its crappy, its better than the seats they had. SnugRide is up for sale on Craigslist, thinking of giving it to a shelter.
    I read this quickly and all I can think about is seats that light up a la Light Bright. I have to see a picture of this now!

BTW, we have a Snugride in Lotus with 2 bases and a MA in Cowmooflage. We will be buying another MA for the 2nd car. No firm daycare/nanny plans for when I go back full-time in the fall, but I guess I should watch this forum closely in case I need one for a nanny's car. We've used the Snugride once in the grandparents' car, but I don't think we'll be making a purchase exclusively for them. These lists are mind-boggling though - especially Julie's - WOW. I will take notes.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum
    OMG!!! Is this what we're headed for ???

I read this quickly and all I can think about is seats that light up a la Light Bright. I have to see a picture of this now!

BTW, we have a Snugride in Lotus with 2 bases and a MA in Cowmooflage. We will be buying another MA for the 2nd car. No firm daycare/nanny plans for when I go back full-time in the fall, but I guess I should watch this forum closely in case I need one for a nanny's car. We've used the Snugride once in the grandparents' car, but I don't think we'll be making a purchase exclusively for them. These lists are mind-boggling though - especially Julie's - WOW. I will take notes.

Alas, no lights on the seat. Its just the name of the pattern. Navy blue with multi-colored dots.

I would recommend a Cosco Scenara for your nanny/daycare seat. We only used the ComfortSport(s) and Vision because when DD#1 first started daycare, I couldn't find a Canadian Scenara. They are now readily available at Walmart Canada and I think Zellers.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum
    These lists are mind-boggling though - especially Julie's - WOW. I will take notes.
    Oh yeah, there have been dozens of others... Huskies and a Marathon and a Maxi Cosi and seven infant seats and boosters and vests galore... I need to make a picasa album...
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray
    Alas, no lights on the seat. Its just the name of the pattern. Navy blue with multi-colored dots.
    Ah, I am strangely disappointed. (I think that smilie might be sulking) Thanks for the rec. about the Scenara. I've seen it from time to time on sale at Zellers so will keep an eye out.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

I have a 4.5yo DS and 2yo DD.

Britax MA (DS)
    Britax BV (DD)
    Cosco Scenera (DD)
    Graco Platinum Cargo (DS)
    Compass Trufit (both kids, for MIL to use)
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

1 7 mo old DS

SnugRide with two bases
    Recaro Como

will prolly need another seat once he's out of the SnugRide as we switch cars often.

I have a 13mo old DD and a 4 year old DS

1 Snugride (old one that went to 20lbs, DS's, then nephew's, then DD's, saving for another niece or nephew-we're getting our money's worth on this one)
    1 MA (DS)
    1 RA (was DS's now DD)
    1 Scenera (was DS's, now DD's)
    1 Apex 65 (DS)
    1 Compass booster (bought on sale for $37, waiting to be used)

Two cars. The Britaxes are in one car, the other two in the other. Due to good advice here and elsewhere, I have been able to avoid multiple ill-fated purchases.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

We have a Boulevard and a RideSafer, for one DD. We used to have a SnugSeat and a Roundabout, but they were both passed on when she outgrew them (the SnugSeat is on baby #5 now).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast