Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

trying to delete a duplicate message... see below
    Last edited by frugal mom; 09-29-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: duplicate

Default read my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by lilye13
    You know the best I could find out was in Avila and Pismo beach, The Lighthouse Suites. Big over sized rooms( one property has two room units), on the beach, but not new or fun pool.
    I was just going to recommend Avila Lighthouse Suites, when I saw that you found it on Tripadvisor. I think it has everything you were looking for except I don't think it has a wading pool; it has a regular pool. But, it is right across the street from the beach (which has a swingset right on the sand) and there is a grassy park down the block. The Avila Lighthouse Suites is only a couple of years old, and is a very nice, clean place to stay (I'd recommend the Avila location over the sister hotel in Pismo). I stayed in Avila once in November and watched dolphins from our balcony. Also family friendly is the breakfast that's included: you serve yourself and can even make waffles. Avila is a really cute, very small beach town with a few places to eat, ice cream place, and a couple of winetasting places for mom and dad. You walk to everything. Just a couple of minutes away is the Avila Valley Barn with some animals, fresh produce, and some baked goods. Finally, San Luis Obispo is only a 10 minute drive away and that is a very family-oriented town. Any time of year is a nice time to visit, and it's an easy 3 hour drive from the Bay Area (I just moved from the Bay Area to SLO).
    Last edited by frugal mom; 09-29-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2