veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Any pedoodles XXXL owners?

I bought runners for DS when someone posted a few months back about a sale. He is 11 months and we can't go anywhere with people just going crazy for his shoes (DH and I included). I've been thinking about getting DD (2.5 years old and wears a size 8) a pair of runners. I don't think she is unusually tough on her shoes but wonder if these are worth it or not?

Anyone using pedoodles on their toddlers?

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hi Veronica - funny how we seem to be replying to each others' questions these days! ;-)

My 26 month old is still in her Pedoodles, I think the XLs still (she wears a size 6.5-7 and barely squeezes into them). We have the Red Bowlers and Princesses, and likewise, get a million compliments. I love the shoes but I don't know if I personally would invest in Pedoodles for a 2.5 yr old. My DD has worn these to shreds, and they're really not very rugged shoes. We loved them from 11 -24 months, but I think they just don't cut it for more active kids IMO. On the other hand we've never had the Runners, and they may have more "serious" soles. Let me know what you decide!

PS I sent you a PM re the LJs - I think your advice for me was great, thanks!
    Last edited by citymama; 06-03-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Hi, My son is 2.5 and is a size 8. He wears the red bowlers and mountain boots in a size XXL. We have the outback boots in a size XXXL put away for the fall/winter, they are too big right now. Hope that helps, Jackie

DS wore his bowlers from 20-26 months. They were worn almost exclusively so I'd say they're pretty sturdy. I have xxxl's put away for next year too. DD(age 4) would have worn them if they'd fit. She only wears an 8.5 though.

I wouldn't think twice about putting them on a 2.5 yo. Hth.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

My 3 1/2 yo DD wears an XXL (she's a size 8) Pedoodles - we're on our 3rd pair (L, XL, and now XXL) of the green Flower Power shoes - still LOVE them. She has VERY wide & fat (instep) feet, so I know they are comfy on her. They've held up very well. We're not wearing them now that it's warm, but come fall, if they are too small, I'll definitely move her up to the XXXL ones - she still loves them & we likewise get TONS of compliments.

shburks is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My 3.5 year old has the green runners, and I've been very disappointed in how they've held up. This is our second pair of Pedoodles and while we loved the first pair, he was only about two when he was wearing the those and they were fine. The runners are literally only worn about once per week and look terrible and fit oddly around ds's ankles. Guess I'll be the lone dissenter for the larger sizes and preschoolers!