mdb78 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default color of poop after switching to whole milk

I just want to make sure this is normal. I am now in the process of weaning and giving dd whole milk. The color of her poop is now like a creamy light yellow.. Is this normal?
    Mommy to DD#1 (05/07)

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just (literally in the last 5 days) switched DD from formula to whole milk. Her poop is still the same color, a light brown. It might be different switching from formula (cow milk based) than from breastmilk. I think it doesn't really matter what color it is as long as it is not white-ish. That is an indication of liver problems...
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

Thanks! Never knew about that info being related to liver problems.
    Mommy to DD#1 (05/07)

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have always heard that white (liver) or black (blood) are the only colors of poop you should worry about. Any shade of brown/tan is fine at this point. You can also get some wild colors if they eat food dyes - black icing, for example, comes through green.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

That's pretty much what I heard. My 2nd DD's poop turned bright green for 2 days - I mean NEON, so silly me called the dr., and they said as long as it's not light (light tan, white), or bloody, any other color is ok.

I might be a bit concerned if it was that light - any streaks of blood? I think I read that light poop with blood streaks could mean a sensitivity to something (maybe the milk??)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Amy is sensitive to milk and this is one of the things I noticed with her poop, so maybe keep an eye on it if it continues.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Thanks all for the responses... Fortunately, there are no blood streaks. Her poop went back to how it was before like a brownish or greenish.. We actually went to the doctor today to go over her blood screen results... No problem with the liver, but her iron is low. So I guess in the beginning the really light color was the milk, but now her body is used to it...

BTW, if I saw neon green, I would call the ped. too!
    Mommy to DD#1 (05/07)