Default Vancouver area moms...

Just a quick question - does anyone know where to find Klean Kanteens RIGHT NOW in the Vancouver area? I am here briefly for a conference and have bought a small one for DS at Choices with the Avent spout, but would like adult-sized bottles as well. We're headed to MEC tomorrow for something else, but I'm not sure if they carry them? Also, any recs for finding Siggs with the sport top? I'd like to give them a look since they're only available thru mailorder back home.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default you might try calling this place...

yourwatermattters.com

If you wish to contact us please call 604-733-7888 or email us.

We are located in Vancouver, BC near Granville St and West Broadway.
    If you wish to visit us to see or purchase product, please call 604-733-7888.

The 27oz Klean Kanteen is our most popular bottle size. It fits in most drink holders and bike racks. You choose the style of lid. We ship from Vancouver to anywhere in Canada.

I know Whole Foods carry Klean Kanteens and Sigg. But if you are going to the MEC store on West Broadway, then you should go to 'Valhalla Pure Outfitters'. It is just one block west of MEC and it carries Klean Kanteens and Laken bottles (similar to Sigg). Also, 'Hillsound Equipment', which is just one block east of MEC, carries a hugh selection of Sigg bottles (the biggest I have seen in Vancouver). Have fun hunting

Here are the actual addresses:
    Valhalla: 222 West Broadway, Vancouver, V5Y1P6, 604-872-8872
    MEC: 130 West Broadway, Vancouver, V5Y 1P3 604.872.7858
    Hillsound: 68 West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia 604-876-2555

Rebecca

Thank you so much for the helpful responses. We're heading out soon - I really prefer to see things in person, so it's great that there are so many places out here with bottle options. It's a whole different world out here compared to the East - BC deserves its reputation! And it's good to know they have them at Whole Foods too - it's on our list for later today
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sorry for the late reply, I can't post at work.

Whole Foods has Siggs, they have 2 stores in Vancouver city, which they call Capers (on 4th in Kits, on Cambie & 16th, and on Robson at Davie). I was at the Cambie store yesterday and didn't see KKs, but then again, I wasn't looking for them either.

Choices Markets also sells KKs and Siggs. They have various locations around the city. I've definitely seen the sippy version at the White Rock Choices.

I would call around. They are selling like crazy everywhere.

BTW, I don't think TJs Kids or MEC sell KKs. They both do sell the Thermos sippies -- again, check stock.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Thanks again to all. We found Klean Kanteens - in colors! - at Valhalla today (we were already at the Co-op). They just got them in, and have had a hard time keeping them in stock (like everyplace else). I'll probably check the Capers on Robson and the Whole Foods if we have time before I go, but if there's no time, I've got what I need. I'd just like to get some as gifts too since they're so much more plentiful out here! I have a love-hate relationship with my Sigg, but am seduced by the designs, so KKs in colors are great news. Got a Foogo at TJ's yesterday - figured I'd try my luck, but am cautious because of the leaking everyone has mentioned.
    DS, Summer '07

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Have a great time out here!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Thanks You guys are so lucky - this place is gorgeous!
    DS, Summer '07

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would like to go on record as saying that I am insanely jealous that Whole Foods has stores in Vancouver!

I'm definitely going to look for the colorful KKs in Edmonton this summer ...
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008