swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Born Free vs Playtex Drop Ins

I plan on finishing up my registry this week and am down to these two choices for bottles. I will only be formula feeding due to medical reasons. I am looking for feedback looking at the bottles money wise. For those who use the Playtex Drop ins did you find the liners to be a huge added expense? I am looking for convenience and budget friendliness. DC will be going to daycare and I don't want to have to worry about a lot of parts to clean. Thanks!
    Last edited by swrc00; 06-07-2008 at 01:58 PM.

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default drop-ins

I've been using drop-ins exclusively for the past 3 months. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I didn't try Born Free because of the expense, and some lousy reviews. The drop-ins work great and the liners are not a huge expense. A box of 100 costs about $7 for the Platex brand liners at Target. Target also makes a generic version liners that is about $4.50 per 100. To me, the expense is worth it because they are easy to clean. I used Dr. Brown's with my first DD and the parts were a nightmare to deal with.

Val

DD#1 7/04
    DD#2 7/07

I also didn't breast feed, and also used the playtex drop ins. I had tried Dr. Brown's at one point, and Avent at one point too. The drop ins were best for us. We traveled a bit with our LO and it was so nice not having to bring a ton of bottles, and just washing out the nipple in the bathroom sink some times and popping in a new liner. To me, I cut out a few unnecessary trips to starbucks and there was my package of drop ins. I never tried born free.