K-Bear is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Safe First Sippy Cups

My DD is 7 months and I want to introduce her to a sippy cup. What are some of the safe ones out there? It can also be a straw cup.

We used the take 'n toss ones. The first ones I bought were smaller, only about 4-5 ounces or so, and the cup part had a petal like shape to it (I can't remember if this has a particular name or not). They were great, very easy for DD to hold b/c they weren't heavy and she could grip the sides. Our key for learning to drink out of a cup was giving it to her one warm sunny day last summer when she was a little hot. She took it right down -- it is amazing how thirst will motivate someone! Now we use lots of varieties, including the take n toss straw ones. I love take n toss but they do leak in my diaper bag, so we use some of the playtex insulator cups and various other BPA free cups. But for initial learning to drink 2-3 oz of water, I recommend take n toss.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We use take n toss also. I have some leftover Avent Magic Cups that are safe. DD did well using those with the handles, so we'll just go back and forth between those two.

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Try the the Playtex's My First Sippy cup with the two handles and there BPA free and don't leak.