Default Balance bike recommendation?

Can anyone out there recommend a balance bike in the $90-130 price range? I'd like to get one for my 3 yo son. I anticipate he'll move into a real bike in the next year or so but I hope the bike will still be in good enough condition for my younger son too. Safety and ease of use in that price range are my main concerns.

I'm open to a wooden or metal frame--the only difference I've been able to determine from the websites is that steel is going to be 4-5 lbs heavier. The wooden Like-A-Bikes, or an aluminum frame bike, are out of my price range.

I've read some reviews that the Skuuts, while light, are cheaply made. But I have a friend whose son has one and loves it. I'm sort of leaning toward a Kettler Sprint--it seems well made--but it is heavier. I've also heard of Strider bikes. Any feedback on these bikes or any other brands in that price range would be appreciated! Thanks!

twindad is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Specialized Hotwalk

My 3yo twins have specialized Hotwalk balance bikes. They absolutely love them. The bikes are aluminum so they are super light, the girls will pick them up and carry them around obstacles if needed.

I found them for $120 each, look on the Specialized website and find dealers in your area then call around to see who has the best deal.

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I bought my 3 y/o grandson a Strider and it is very well made. It has foam tires so there is no worry about being punctured. It is also extremely light and he can even carry it himself. We throw it in the back of the car in case we go to a park and he can ride it there too.. There is a small foot rest also when they are coasting.

Here is their website

www.stridersports.com

I got his at
    www.bitterbrushcycles.com

After you put it in your cart you will get a 10% off code. There is free shipping also. I got mine for about $90. It was $120 in a local store.

I'm buying another one for another grandchild for Xmas.

We love our Kettler Sprint- expecting it will hold up for 2 more kids and it was in your range- I believe we found it on sale or had a code, paid $90.