swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Drop Ins - Original Nursers vs. Premium

I have decided on the Drop Ins. I have seen some bad reviews about the Premium nursers that they scratched easily and didn't wash as well as the original. Which ones do you recommend?

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The premium come with a silicone nipple, the original with a latex brown nipple. I think the silicone is prefered around here. We used the premium and were happy with them. I had a couple of the original nursers too. I wasn't worried about scratched bottles... as they get older they toss them around... any bottle can get scratched! I like the feeling of the premium in my hand... they are slightly contoured I think! It's a personal preference I guess.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The premiums also have BPA. The milk never actually touches the nurser part, but supposedly the BPA can sort of leach off in the dishwasher or something like that.
    I used the premium ones but I got them before the whole BPA fiasco. If I could do it again I would probably just get the original with the silicone nipple if they have that option (I think they do now actually).
    DD
    DS

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks, Ladies! According to the Babies R' Us website the original does come with a silicon nipple, but I haven't found that to be true in the stores.

I would opt for the original nurser. I do have a 3 premiums but try to use them as a last resort just in case.

I was gifted the Original Nurser gift set which comes with 3 9oz nursers and 2 4oz nursers and a variety of nipples (2 silicone - slow and fast flow; 2 latex - slow and fast flow and a medium flow orthodontic latex). You can try out the slow flow silicone first but some babes prefer latex so you can try that if you need to. Then just buy the nipples your babe prefers separately (my DS ended up with silicone medium flow)